Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there somewhere I can see a complete list of NTL coverage?

• 24-06-2005 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

hi,

any place I can see a list of where NTL is available? I'm really looking to get away from eircom, and NTL seem like a viable choice... 3mb/300kbps download/upload rules tbh.

My friend has the 1.5mb service, and he gets nearly the same speed as my 2mb from eircom...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It is possible that there may be something like that somewhere in ntl ireland's (or whatever they are now called) offices. No way you, a potential customer are going to get a look at it or anything like it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Phone ntl on 1800 234 234 and find out if it's in your area(s).

btw ntl don't do a 1.5Mb service anymore - it was upgraded to 3.0Mb.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

mang87 wrote:
    hi,

any place I can see a list of where NTL is available? ...

Short answer...no.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

causal wrote:
    btw ntl don't do a 1.5Mb service anymore - it was upgraded to 3.0Mb.

And the price was dropped to €45 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

and it's still only available to half a dozen people in a corner of tallaght.

i call them pretty much every month, and ask about my area, but despite being right near the centre of town, and in a big NTL area, there's no sign of NTL BB here yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

vibe666 wrote:

i call them pretty much every month, and ask about my area, but despite being right near the centre of town, and in a big NTL area, there's no sign of NTL BB here yet.

NTL is in more than Tallaght now. I have it (town) parents have it (Ballsbridge). It is in quite a few areas these days.

vibe666 wrote:

Errr....I think you will find this is not correct - Loads of areas now BB enable including ones in Waterford and Galway....About 120,000 homes enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

crawler wrote:
    Errr....I think you will find this is not correct - Loads of areas now BB enable including ones in Waterford and Galway....About 120,000 homes enabled.

NTL have enabled 120,000 homes!!!!

Thats incredible...whats the BB uptake on those enabled homes anyway???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

vibe666 wrote:

Have to correct you on that one: NTL have over 110,000 homes enabled for broadband. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

correct me if i was wrong, you would have received a letter in the mail before, if you were bb enabled.

• Advertisement

juliuspret wrote:
    NTL have enabled 120,000 homes!!!!

Thats incredible...whats the BB uptake on those enabled homes anyway???

It's very good - and in some areas its very very good! Sorry - cant be more specific. From Public Domain knowledge, they have about 12000 BB subs currently so over 10% in total but in geographic areas it varies greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

vishal wrote:
    correct me if i was wrong, you would have received a letter in the mail before, if you were bb enabled.
    Normally that's the case; and if you're an existing customer (tv package) then you'll get a notification in your bill.
    But there's no harm in phoning them to ask them if it's in your area (bills are only every 2 months, and leaflets don't always find their way to letterboxes etc.). Of course if they say "It's coming soon" you've got to take it with a large pinch of salt.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

causal wrote:
    Normally that's the case; and if you're an existing customer (tv package) then you'll get a notification in your bill.
    But there's no harm in phoning them to ask them if it's in your area (bills are only every 2 months, and leaflets don't always find their way to letterboxes etc.). Of course if they say "It's coming soon" you've got to take it with a large pinch of salt.

causal

Ah well I was told (about 4-5 months ago) that it would be here this summer'ish...

I should probably get off my arse and ring, then...

mang87 wrote:
    Ah well I was told (about 4-5 months ago) that it would be here this summer'ish...

I should probably get off my arse and ring, then...

Or stay on your arse and just put your account number in here :)

http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/sales/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

crawler wrote:

I've tried that link ant it tells me I can only get their basic TV package. I've already got their digital package so I'm not inclined to trust the results.

I like to phone them every now and again to ask about bb anyway. I would encourage everyone to do likewise. Just to remind them that there is demand for the product. Although I'm sure they know that anyway, but every little helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

crawler wrote:

I don't know if that link works properly. I know before it was just telling everyone that they could get NTL broadband even if they couldn't. They have obviously done something to fix it but it may be still dodgy. I think you are better off ringing them.

I got a flyer in the door, saw advertisements on billboards and got notified in the bill when broadband was available in the area, so you'll know when you can get it. With the NTL sale to UGC (one of the largest cable providers in the world) you should see a merger between Chorus and NTL (since UGC own chorus too) and hopefully a lot of growth in cable availability.

Advertisement