Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loooking for a french tabloid online

Options
  • 24-06-2005 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

im lookin for a french tabloid's webiste where i c an review the days news at a glance
    any ideas ppl? ;):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Why do you want a tabloid? Why, for example, won't Le Monde do - their website has a fairly decent front page - the front page of the Nouvel Observateur is pretty good too. The only tabloid I can think of is Le Parisien.

LCI has, if I remember rightly, a decent overview too, although I haven't looked at it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

Calina wrote:
    Why do you want a tabloid? Why, for example, won't Le Monde do - their website has a fairly decent front page - the front page of the Nouvel Observateur is pretty good too. The only tabloid I can think of is Le Parisien.

LCI has, if I remember rightly, a decent overview too, although I haven't looked at it for a while.

i just want a newspaper with an easier level of english tats all#
    thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

synchro wrote:
    i just want a newspaper with an easier level of english tats all#
    thanks anyway

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Hmm...I remember when I was doing a language postgrad in London with a lot of French and Italian students, they said the tabloids in English were the hardest to read, because they relied a lot on colloquial English, and word play and puns which were very difficult for foreigners. They found things like the Times and the Independent far more comprehensible and easy because they were written in "proper" English.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, trying to make sense of headlines in The Mirror with their gruesome, mangled puns is hard enough for a native speaker. I'd really love to know how people manage to pull off that nudge-nudge style of writing, it sounds like a witty scanger, which itself is pretty hard to imagine.

Anyway, OP, you're looking for Paris Match I reckon (just don't ask me who any of the 'celebrities' are).

• Advertisement
Advertisement