Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loose gearstick problem - Any ideas?

Options
  • 24-06-2005 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday my cars gearstick decided to start acting up.
    Right now its all over the place. It can be moved around freely when the clutch is not pressed and the car not even turned on :eek:
    It can be driven but its tough to find the gears and makes some bad noises.

Any ideas on what kind of repairs I'll be looking at?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Make? Model? Year ? details please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

CJhaughey wrote:
    Make? Model? Year ? details please.

Peugeot 206 1999 (good condition - allegedly)
    40K on the clock
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

linkage perhaps if the gears seem to be in the wrong place or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sounds like the Gear Linkage. Does it Vibrant alot, makes a grinding noise in certain gears, Gear lever will not go into the desired gear smoothly. The doors probably vibrant as well when you have them opened.

Common problem on Opel Corsa's >01

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Thanks guys. Just got a mechanic to look at it and he said it was linkage. That the gear stick popped out. He did a quick fix but recommended a better job be done to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Would that be a big job?
    Thanks
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Should be my girlfriend got her corsa done within the hour under warranty on a 01 corsa. It would have costed her around 150e but it is worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

My mom had one of those cars, same problem happened twice in its short life, so must ve one of hte "known failure points"

Advertisement