Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moan - Any UTV Rumours???

• 24-06-2005 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

With Eirbomb and BT coming out with new deals, has anyone heard anything pips from UTV??

Although i am happy with the service over al,l something juicy from them would cheer me up, like bigger cap or something..:):)

Pablo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

yeah, i want a bigger cap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

I think UTV are just trying to keep parity with Eircom these days and have given up trying to compete with BT on CAP/Prices.

How could they anyway as BT is about 20 times the size of eircom and UTV is many times smaller than eircom.

Size matters and UTV is just too small to take losses as BT can.

For UTV to survive it needs to make constant profitsl but Im pretty sure that BT are looseing a lot of money these days...€10 line rental...how can UTV match that!

Never used UTV myself but up until about 6months ago they had the best deal and Iwould have chosen them if I hadnt picked what is now BT.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

juliuspret wrote:
    Im pretty sure that BT are looseing a lot of money these days.

Actually BT Ireland profits broken even this year while it's Revenues and EBITDA are both up.

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9609311

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Interesting....

"To really catch up with other countries the wholesale price needs to be fixed, LLU charges need to be fixed and then industry and government need to work together to come up with a clear roadmap for the future."

Once eircom get a kicking over the next year concerning their LLU behaviour I hope that we see evern better prices.

UTV are still asking €45 for 2Mbit broadband excludeing line Rental!!!!
    2Mbit
    ================
    UTV
    45+24=€69
    BT
    40+10=€50

1Mbit
    ================
    UTV
    30+24=€54
    BT
    30+10=€40

Taking their line rental from their BB provider gives a starling price difference.

If UTV charge less for line rental I'd like to know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

juliuspret wrote:
    Interesting....

"To really catch up with other countries the wholesale price needs to be fixed, LLU charges need to be fixed and then industry and government need to work together to come up with a clear roadmap for the future."

Once eircom get a kicking over the next year concerning their LLU behaviour I hope that we see evern better prices.

UTV are still asking €45 for 2Mbit broadband excludeing line Rental!!!!
    2Mbit
    ================
    UTV
    45+24=€69
    BT
    40+10=€50

1Mbit
    ================
    UTV
    30+24=€54
    BT
    30+10=€40

Taking their line rental from their BB provider gives a starling price difference.

If UTV charge less for line rental I'd like to know.

And UTV's current pricing makes Smart irresistable:

For 2mb Smart 35euro V 69 euro utv :eek:

UTV will have to do something to respond - utv talk is an excellent product but in these days of mobility it probably is not attractive enough in itself to overcome the very large price differences that are emerging.

Should also mention that once the upgrade settled down my speed has been pretty solid except for two days (also experienced by Esat customers) and I had to ring them recently and the phone was answered virtually instantly so hopefully things are improving and they will get back to their good old selves soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

You do get UTV talk for the line rental, which i use a lot and think it is great.. It actually encourages me to use the landlines to call people off-peak..

we spend 20 quid total on calls now a month and my GF is a serial telephonist...

Their current deals are not too bad, I think I would just like to see something from them to know that they are trying to stay competitive. I have 9 months on my contract I think.. I'd say the landscape will have changed by then.

Pablo

Advertisement