Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firing from the Chopper

Options
  • 24-06-2005 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I was practicing flying and firing from the chopper (the cobra) last night, anyhoe, what I noticed was the target rectical wasn't worth a damn, however if you used the artificial horizion to line up your shots, it pretty much gave you the location of where the rockets would land. Has anyone else found this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yeah I start firing way before the target spot gets near the tank/watever and seems to work fairly well most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I found the easiest way to practice was flying around the carrier (on the demo) and taking out your own planes and choppers (on single player obviously!)

If you fancy a challenge try flying either of the choppers into the boat launch bay at the back/bottom of the carrier, turn around and come back out in one piece, better still take out the rafts when you're down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

No a challenge is to fly a chopper through the water pipe at the bottom of the dam. And a bigger challenge would be to get a plane through there.

Fairy

MrTimewalk wrote:
    I found the easiest way to practice was flying around the carrier (on the demo) and taking out your own planes and choppers (on single player obviously!)

If you fancy a challenge try flying either of the choppers into the boat launch bay at the back/bottom of the carrier, turn around and come back out in one piece, better still take out the rafts when you're down there

Thats just hovering.....easy pessey!!! lol

Try firing and hitting a moving while you are flying overhead......thats the challange.... :D

You know there could be something in this! maybe a set of flying/jumping challenges on the various maps for when your bored killing bots

• Advertisement

MrTimewalk wrote:
    You know there could be something in this! maybe a set of flying/jumping challenges on the various maps for when your bored killing bots

Yeah we can start to create the mod now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah I start firing way before the target spot gets near the tank/watever and seems to work fairly well most of the time

And Nelly is a kick ass piolet! kept distroying me the other night when I tried to bring him down with the heat seeking rcoket launchers !!

Helis are hard work !

Joystick or Keyboard which is best?

Keyboard....when I first started on BF I tried a joystick and you cant get the same control that you can from the keyboard.....you can always spot a person using a joystick because they fly so straight and cant make quick movements....with keyboard I find it alot easier to swop down and fly between building and so on!!

I'm used to flying the copters in DCX with joystick, I couldn't go back to keyboard, i find my trusty MS sidewinder perfect for the job, must try the pipe in the dam map

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

MrTimewalk wrote:
    I'm used to flying the copters in DCX with joystick, I couldn't go back to keyboard, i find my trusty MS sidewinder perfect for the job, must try the pipe in the dam map

ya def, keyboards always to slow to react. and forget about a dogfight in planes with them, nah, ive got my throttle set for pull back (collective, chopper style) and push for power for the planes. works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

-Al- wrote:
    ya def, keyboards always to slow to react. and forget about a dogfight in planes with them, nah, ive got my throttle set for pull back (collective, chopper style) and push for power for the planes. works a treat.

Cool, need to set up my joystick tonight so !! Anyone done it for Bf2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

its one of the handy features of BF2, the seperate options for helis and planes.

id always forget in BFV and push foward for power (had it set for helis) and id be thinking, why i am slowing down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I've had people telling me that someone with a Joystick will always outfly me. I use keyboard and mouse to fly. In a plane i'd probably agree, but in a helicopter it's nonsense.

I'm not very highly ranked - I think i'm ranked 522nd or something in the chopper. I wanna get it higher. Mostly because I fly when i'm half asleep and hit trees when I lose concentration.

The tube below kubra dam? Nah that's easy. Do it either way - easy. Getting into kubra dam and the flag below - slightly harder but still easy really.

Loops, barrel rolls, easy. The hardest thing i've found so far in the game in terms of choppers, is the chinese transport chopper - keeping it steady in between trees on a windy map. When you're trying to take a flag hovering in between a flag, and a load of trees. Especially when you've got someone shooting at you.

Also - actually hitting a plane with missiles while it flies in circles - haven't managed it more than once yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']actually hitting a plane with missiles while it flies in circles - haven't managed it more than once yet :(

managed it once or twice in DC days, but it is tought but not impossible. i've seen ure stats there quite impressive, pity i dont have have as much time to play as i'd like to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

In bfv i knocked out a chopper with a mortar.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

pure dirty fluke, i'd imagine? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    managed it once or twice in DC days, but it is tought but not impossible. i've seen ure stats there quite impressive, pity i dont have have as much time to play as i'd like to :(

They're quite bad actually. The deaths are mostly from very bad reg servers (or extrememly high pings as the only servers with free slots), or from getting TKed over and over again.

I don't mind dying so much if I can get someone kicked for it. I'll tease someone intentionally TKs to get a vehicle or something, and make him kill me a few times so he gets banned. IMO anyone who TKs and it isn't by accident, deserves to get banned on the spot.

Advertisement