Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Down In East Cork

• 24-06-2005 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is anybody else having problems with DSL in East Cork - Yesterday a couple of us were getting 60 kbps versus the normal 2mbps. Eircom said that it was a major fault in the east cork area but we are trying to determine how far it stretched or if it is confined to our exchange.
    We are on the carrigtwohill exchange .
    The exchange was enabled on June 1st so we would not have been throttled yet for breaking the download limits.

Thanks,
    Tweaky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Mine went down last night for at least an hour.

Cobh exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Hi
    my connection was crap last night - around 9 o clock.
    Couldn't get a connection at all in the end.

I'm in Glounthaune, on the Little Island exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Carrigtwohill exchange here, modem speeds all day yesterday, checked pings before work this morning and they were back to 31ms steady, so hopefully its back working fine?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Ballincollig was gone too, and that's west of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

No problems in Bantry(S.W. Cork) anyway...though upload speed as ever is a pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

mine was out for about an hour last night, im on esat and in douglas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Mine was down for 2 hours last night, Carrigaline exchange. First time I've noticed it down in over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

This doesnt relate to cork bb but my connection went last night, i rang eircom tech support this morning and they said they had "a problem with their server last night"

Advertisement