Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now then, who's changing their CAO?

Options
  • 24-06-2005 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

I just altered mine yesterday slightly (switched 3rd choice with 2nd choice, things like that) and then, this morning, I read that 20,000 people are expected to be changing their CAO this week :o.

So I'm just wondering - who'll be changing it this week, and why?

Comments

I will, and the reason is that I haven't made up my mind yet. I just put some choices down so that I could fill it out in the allowed time. I doubt that anything i have on the CAO as of right now will remain there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Same Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeah I'm changing mine tomorrow, making sure they're in the order I want and I'll probably add a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

None of my top 5 will be there in a couple of days. I'll probably only be applying for about 2 courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

I'll prob change sum of mine down the bottom but my first 3 r stayin the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ya must change mine asap....put down anything first time to have something submitted as i knew i could always change it...but now the time has come for me to change it but i havnt a clue what i want to do.... :eek: ....anybody else in same boat as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I changed mine a while back. Had to put down a few 200 point course choices just to be on the safe side

put down a few 200 point course choices just to be on the safe side
    ya i better do that2...just incase...lol....actually does anybody know off hand what the lowest point course is out there....better put it down to be sure to be sure! :D ....is it fishfarming in donegal...lol...apologies if u taking that career path in life,dont mean to offend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

I'll be changing mine on Friday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

the lowest is like 45 points in tallaght IT i think.. its in that career choice magazine. we got in school anyway

and yeah, i only have one course on my CAO but its 420 points so i think i better add another few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

change around the 2nd and 3rd choice order seeing as i just stuck them down for the sake of doing it before i had to send it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I altered mine ever so slightly, had to remove a course in DIT a couple of weeks ago and threw in a similar course that I only found out existed about 10 days ago at #2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Nah, don't need to change mine I've got a higher level Biology course for Maynooth as my first choice 320+ then I've one for Dundalk 110+ and just to on the safe side I've applied to a PLC course too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

ive got 3 business courses down already. I'm going to add comerece 2nd choice so i'll have 4 in total. My lowest is 420 and if i didn't get any i'd rather not go college.
    I have a re-occurring dream of getting 10 points less than i need 4 1st choice. I really don't have so much of an interest in the results and im not worried (apart from the dream).
    When is the last day you can change your cao (i know ive asked this a while ago) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

When is the last day you can change your cao (i know ive asked this a while ago) ?

I think you can change it up until this Friday the 1st of July dude, not 100% sure though! So maybe someone else can confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

The 1st is the closing date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

so can you change it up until midnight on firiday or midnight tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

5 o clock tomorro i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Austin A35

CAO form me arse i didnt even fill out d form in school no interest in it at all :D im just finished school dont want 2 go through all dat sh*t of learning while i could get a decent job and earn a living or do a trade :rolleyes: like i hav already!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

R.D wrote:
    just to on the safe side I've applied to a PLC course too!

Yeah I wanted to apply for a plc too, but would you believe this-the talk we got for PLCs was on during English, and none of the honours english classes were allowed go to it!
    Discrimination or what??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I`m getting really worried now. I just changed it the other day but feel like I could`ve really ****ed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Austin A35

PLC course or trade is the way to go!! :D

still need to change CAO!!! i just dont know what i want to do! woke up this morning at 6.30am..cuda gotn sick with the nerves..was trying to figure out what i really want to do...only got 2.30hrs to decide my "future"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Changed my CAO form today. Like always, I wait until the very last minute.

Still not 100% sure about my choices but they'll have to do. After the first 3 or so choices, i'm not really interested in the rest.. so i'm a bit screwed.

Still can't make up my mind! Only 3 hours left! :(

i got my form in at 5.00pm!! jez..i needed more time..(tho i had 3wks!!)i duno! not sure wa i gna get or what i want to be given..whats meant to be is meant to be sur!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was on holiday so I couldn't change mine around. But as long as I get above about 420 points, I will get a course that I want to do, so I'm not really that worried!

I just left mine! Couldn't make up my mind. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

changed mine at the very last second, receipt actually says 17:17... dont know if it was the right thing to do though argh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Oops I never actually got around to changing it.

Advertisement