Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs- NBA Champions 2005

Options
  • 24-06-2005 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

So that's it, another year in the NBA... Last night the Spurs beat the Pistons 81-74 in Game 7, Tim Duncan picked up his third Finals MVP Award.
    Did anyone feel surprised by the outcome to the 04/05 season, or was it to be expected from day one that the Spurs and Pistons would go head to head for the championship in mid-June?
    I have to say that both teams faced very different challenges this year, the Pistons overcoming the major setback of bans on the Wallaces after the riot at the Palace (vs. the Pacers in November) and Tim Duncan's injured ankle was a setback to San Antonio but no major threat to their playoffs place as it came fairly late in the season.
    People say they would rather see any team win other than the Pistons, for their hard-working mentality and team-play ethic and lack of flair and showmanship. My opinion is that we need to see more Eastern teams bringing the Championship back home for the league to keep a balance. The lack of balance between East and West today is ridiculous. The NBA and its teams aren't influenced by money and transfer fees like football clubs (although a salary cap system is in place), so why not restrict the first ten in the next five drafts to EC teams only and within five to ten years all the league's woes will be lessened. There's much up-and-coming talent in the West which will no doubt still be there then like Amare and Yao, and transfers mean that young players from the East may or may not cross over too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I usually don't have an interest in basketball but I try catch the finals every year. I was surprised the pistons came back to tie it at 3-3 but ultimately I was happy that the spurs won it. Go obi wan ginobili!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I think Big Shot Bob decided it at the end of game 5, if the Pistons had won that one it would've been a different story. I was at game 4 and after seeing that I thought the Pistons would go on to win it...

http://60hud.com/nba/finals/

Also before the game two doctors got an award for saving this guys life during game 3:

http://www.detnow.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_3857305,00.html

Advertisement