Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anandtech OCs A64X2 4200+

Options
  • 24-06-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Link0r

I haven't read farther than the first page, but there it is.
    Anyone else have any links to OCing the X2s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not yet. I don't want to look for them in case I want to buy one! I'd also rather see what the new FX57 can do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Impressive stuff...particularly that OCZ Platinum Rev.2 chugging away at 326 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

All topping out at the same speed @2.7/8, sounds like the XP family:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

well they got the4800 to 3.2ghz, i dont think the X2's suffer from the cold bug, i havnt seen any articles suggesting this, the 3.2ghz was achieved on a vapo LS. Its a hard choice fx 57 or x2 4800????? the x2 will be futureproofed for next year, the the fx will be great for current apps and games. hmmmm..???

gline wrote:
    well they got the4800 to 3.2ghz, i dont think the X2's suffer from the cold bug, i havnt seen any articles suggesting this, the 3.2ghz was achieved on a vapo LS. Its a hard choice fx 57 or x2 4800????? the x2 will be futureproofed for next year, the the fx will be great for current apps and games. hmmmm..???
    For end users who need a high performing single core, the 4000+ is quite capable and affords a savings of more than $550. For those who have the money to burn, the X2 4800+ costs just over $1000 as well and will provide smoother multitasking and higher performance in applications that only modestly benefit from multithreading.

The FX-57 isn't as overclockable as previous parts (based on our experience with one sample). Our FX-53 would easily run at 2.6GHz, and the FX-55 could run stable at 2.8GHz if we took extra care to keep it cool. Our FX-57 didn't even pretend to make it through our stability test at 3GHz.

X2 4800>FX-57???

All ridiculous if you ask me. A 3700+ is more than capable and reasonably priced

• Advertisement

X2 4800>FX-57???

All ridiculous if you ask me. A 3700+ is more than capable and reasonably priced

ah yes true of course but hey a hobbys a hobby, lol

X2 4800>FX-57???

All ridiculous if you ask me. A 3700+ is more than capable...
    But more than capable of what is the question! ;)

gline, looks like I was wrong on that cold bug issue. Some people seem to be running them with PC.

WizZard wrote:

gline, looks like I was wrong on that cold bug issue. Some people seem to be running them with PC.

well i now know what my next project is ;)

WizZard wrote:
    Well andantech bench the 3400+ somewhere between the P43.6-3.7 in most of their general use tests and the 3400+ excels fuurther in games :eek:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2456&p=2

\edit\What a wallet worrying hobby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Well..... I just ordered a 4400+ X2, well actually now that I look at it, I've actually pre-ordered it!! So, hopefully this time next week I'll have it :) Will see how it goes with my aquagate (which is being sold soon) compared to my 3800+.

• Advertisement

If you don't like it (they're terrible nasty things those X2's) I'll be nice and take it off your hands ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

what core is the 3800?
    Clawhammer or SD, might be interested if yer selling

Mythago wrote:
    Well..... I just ordered a 4400+ X2, well actually now that I look at it, I've actually pre-ordered it!! So, hopefully this time next week I'll have it :) Will see how it goes with my aquagate (which is being sold soon) compared to my 3800+.
    You already had a 3800+?
    More money than sense :D

\edit\
    Dman_15 wrote:
    SIG: A643500+Winnie(@2.58)

Why updrade?

Mythago wrote:

wen u selling ur aquagate?? and are u selling the 3800 cpu aswell??
    I am interested. If u are selling the aquagate, i have cash here waiting if u wana sell soon???

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

wen u selling ur aquagate?? and are u selling the 3800 cpu aswell??
    what core is the 3800?Clawhammer or SD, might be interested if yer selling
    Sorry lads.... in the UK at moment and not likely to be home before august and seriously doubt ya wanna pay me postage on the aquagate!! Probably put the lot on EBAY when I get round to it! But may offer the 3800+ on here first (Newcastle core skt 939). Upgrading out of boredom I suppose :rolleyes: But, may yet keep the aquagate, looking at changing fans in it to quieten it down. And just checked Komplett & the 4400+'s still not arrived in stock yet :(
    More money than sense

That you ma? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

You already had a 3800+?
    More money than sense :D

\edit\

Why updrade?

I wont, now that i see its a clawhammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Mmmm..... I'd love a dual core. Been doing heavy multitasking lately and it absolutely rapes my 3000+ at 2.4. ;-(

Advertisement