Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Buildings

Options
  • 24-06-2005 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone new of a place like this http://www.ironbuilt.com in Ireland, or even better a large building like these for rent, something about 25meters by 50meters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

They are just standard steel portal frame buildings. There are tons of them all around the country ranging from a 100 years old and less. The stickys have links to estate agents most of them have a commercial division. I know I am not giving you specfics but the yellow pages will really help. Any building contractor who builds commercial buildings will do them. It's like the easiest building in the world to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

any idea what kinda money they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

NeVeR wrote:
    any idea what kinda money they are?

Location,location, location is the big issue. A warehouse of that size near the airport is expensive but cheaper than one just around the corner from O'Connel Street.

I wouldn't be sure how much it would cost at a guess I'd say €15k-€30 for construction but it depends on the internal standards you want e.g. 3phase, office inside etc... The land and local services are big issues. There are warehouses near Dublin Airport that have had no electricity for 6 months after construction.

Don't know if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

You might get a result if you look up Agri Buildings for steel frame, a lot depends on the finish you want double skin cladding for anything where you are storing important items.

Composite panel or double skin with good quality insulation if you ever intend splitting the building up or renting it out, all buildings will be subject to an energy audit prior to sale very soon.

Advertisement