Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Warning for Spec When Buying

Options
  • 24-06-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Guys Smyths have a list of GFX cards and harware required to play BF2 stating "BF" is a high spec game ? just a query, anyone got a copy of it to put in this thread, I read it this morn and it included some of the cards people on this board having issues with!

Do all the other shops have the warning posted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Doesnt work with GeForce 4MX anyway. I think it works with anything higher than that. (Not too sure about ATI cards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Drapper wrote:

Do all the other shops have the warning posted?

Game in LV said nowt was expecting it did say it to me when i got HL2, hot girl in front of me bought 6 copies!!!!

Was gonna follow her home and chat her up and try make sweet love to her but BF2 was more important.

IN the readme what supported and whats not.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

did she buy 6 copies of BF2??, cause then you coulda had sweet love and BF2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Not if he looks like Drappers Avatar!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

the bloke at game in tallaght showed me the game first and asked if my pc would handle it before he took payment!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

SAme with me he even asked me to makemsure it complied as they were told not to take any back if bought with wrong spec!

Is that to stop people from buying, registering vd key, brining it back with the old excuse of, it wont run on my system.

-Al- wrote:
    Is that to stop people from buying, registering vd key, brining it back with the old excuse of, it wont run on my system.
    guess your prbably right ! but there is allot of people looking forward to it with below par machines !

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

works on all geforce 5 cards and above. works on ati radeon 8500, all 9000 series cards and the all x*** cards. recommends a 1.7ghz p4 or equilivant. also recommends atleast 512kb ram.

ghost26ie wrote:
    also recommends atleast 512kb ram.

lol i hope so, glad I got myself 1mb of the stuff :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I bought 3 copies.
    They told me to look at the specs and make sure it would run.
    PC games are none returnable for the ol' CD key reason.
    All in Game, Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Just upgraded me pc to 1mb ram this morning. What a difference it makes on Battlefield 2. Pretty much high everything and a nice smooth frame rate.

Just upgraded me pc to 1mb ram this morning. What a difference it makes on Battlefield 2. Pretty much high everything and a nice smooth frame rate.

I got 6800 Ultra OC and another 1gb of RAM in the past week, pc runs fab, but I'm still CRAP at BF2

lets say I'm like a kid in a Ferrari, its fast, looks good, but I'm fooked where I'm going !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I bought 3 copies.
    They told me to look at the specs and make sure it would run.
    PC games are none returnable for the ol' CD key reason.
    All in Game, Liffey Valley.

I had a genuine fault once with a game that didnt even use a flippin cd key - still refused to take it back. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Arabel wrote:
    Doesnt work with GeForce 4MX anyway. I think it works with anything higher than that. (Not too sure about ATI cards)
    Doesn't work with the gefore4 ti cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

would you not just get the demo and test it with that?
    I had a genuine fault once with a game that didnt even use a flippin cd key - still refused to take it back. :rolleyes:
    that's cos they think you took it home and copied it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Anything Below Geforce 5 Hasn't A Hope. Even The Demo Didn't Like Geforce 4 Ti's Or Mx's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ghost26ie wrote:
    Anything Below Geforce 5 Hasn't A Hope. Even The Demo Didn't Like Geforce 4 Ti's Or Mx's.

I didnt even know the demo ran on the mx version of the Gf4. Musta been painful for those that used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dregin wrote:
    Doesn't work with the gefore4 ti cards.
    Aye. The demo ran crap on my GeForce4 Ti4200 card. Had to use BF2ShaderMod, but it ain't worth it. Gonna save up for a decent card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The guy didn't say anything to me when I bought.
    He obviously knew from my apperance that my rig is uber leet.

• Advertisement

Read: he wore a "im a big stinky flanders" nerd type t shirt :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

I have 512mb RAM, nd a 64mb ati redeon 9000 series nd i can play the demo easy(on low graphics) The game should work on the same settings, Right??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. The demo ran crap on my GeForce4 Ti4200 card. Had to use BF2ShaderMod, but it ain't worth it. Gonna save up for a decent card.

Have a GF4 Ti 4800 SE, so it looks like it's time for a new card for me too.

Feck I should have look at this before the game was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Your quiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have 512mb RAM, nd a 64mb ati redeon 9000 series nd i can play the demo easy(on low graphics) The game should work on the same settings, Right??

Well if it worked on the demo you should be fine for the real game. But your going to be missing out on allot with detail down on low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

BadCharlie wrote:
    Well if it worked on the demo you should be fine for the real game. But your going to be missing out on allot with detail down on low.

ah but its worth it anyway for the gameplay, the graphics on low are perfectly adequate for playing even if theyre not cutting edge.
    im in the same boat with an PM1.7ghz, 128mb x300, and 512mb of ram; it runs really smooth on low settings but if i turned it up to med it would have a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

I have now decided to purchase PowerColor Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB , should run a lot better now, i mit get some more ram(512mb) too when i can afford it.

I have now decided to purchase PowerColor Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB , should run a lot better now, i mit get some more ram(512mb) too when i can afford it.

Woudnt buy one of those new, wont get your monies worth.

Try 2nd hand in For Sale forum always decent bargain there if your budget low.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Depends on his budget I guess but you can't say that the 9800Pro isn't a good card...

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote:
    Depends on his budget I guess but you can't say that the 9800Pro isn't a good card...

Theres a 6600 Gt in forsale for same price.

and 9800 Pro isnt a good card anymore.

kdjac

Advertisement