Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Warning for Spec When Buying

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just bought a 6800GT can max most settings but when you turn on 4X anti-aliasing the grass shimmers and appears/disappears..... Think its prob. bad soft. dev. - the card should be more than capable.

Find the game a bit 2 manic and slightly flaky overall anyway.
    Went straight back to gorgeous Counter Strike: Source.....

- have 1.5GB 3200 System RAM and an Athlon 3000+ also.... BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Raiser wrote:
    Just bought a 6800GT can max most settings but when you turn on 4X anti-aliasing the grass shimmers and appears/disappears..... Think its prob. bad soft. dev. - the card should be more than capable.

Find the game a bit 2 manic and slightly flaky overall anyway.
    Went straight back to gorgeous Counter Strike: Source.....

- have 1.5GB 3200 System RAM and an Athlon 3000+ also.... BTW

I've a 6800 Ultra OC with the same probalem, the AA is set to 4x and is fine go hight it has same issues as you !

STRANGE ¬¬ think they left some legg room for newer cards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I was also thinking of buying Club3D GeForce 6600, 256MB, think its much the same as the Radeon 9800. The Radeon is 128mb but is dual channel, the geforce 6600 is single channel (256mb), so would these diffrences cancel each other out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LIGHTNING wrote:
    However my mate says that their is a patch that disables shaders so you can play it on DX8 graphics cards ie Geforce 4 etc
    Aye, there is, but teh sea will be green, and tanks will be invisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Many many years ago I bought a game called Elite 2. The spec on the box said 2 Megs of RAM, when I brought it home it turned out I also need 2 megs of graphics ram as well. after about 5 trips to the shop, being sold a boot disc (For 5 pounds at the time) nothing was working, so eventually they gave me my money back. (40 pounds was a lot of money in them days!!) On the flip side, the shop that game me all the hassle has since grown and they now supply businesses. My response, 15 years latter, to all the crap I had to put up with was to advise going for another company when a contract came up. That 40 pound back then has cost them (unknowns to themselves) about 450 to 500K this year alone.

So, All I say to the shop owners is that those who don't help people watch out, everything comes full circle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I've got 1.25GB of RAM, 2.66Ghz P4, and a 128MB Geforce 5200FX card, and the demo runs perfectly on mid setting, (medium, not to high) and looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The demo worked okay for me, on 3.4 ghz, 1gig ram and x800se.

I never tried putting specs high though, left them on medium and had no problems whatsoever....

I am currently getting the game, at ...eh...a very muscular 2kb/s

So its going to be a damn long time before I get to say how it really runs on my system. If I like the game, I will probably buy it to try get into the whole online thing with battlefield, I'm currently downloading it really to assess whether I want it or not - the demo didnt really hold great appeal for me, maybe the full game has a few greater things in store.

I'd LOVE to see a computer with the absolute bare bone requirements running it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

I have less than the minumum specs atm! 2.13 ghz, 512mb ram, nd an alright 64mb ati radeon 9000 series! i feel so left out, all u guys playin on high spes, i dont even have some of the higher options!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have less than the minumum specs atm! 2.13 ghz, 512mb ram, nd an alright 64mb ati radeon 9000 series! i feel so left out, all u guys playin on high spes, i dont even have some of the higher options!
    Be quite you! Try running it below the minimum specs! 2Ghz, 768MB RAM, and a 64MB GeForce 4 Ti 4200. At least you can see tanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

the_syco wrote:
    Be quite you! Try running it below the minimum specs! 2Ghz, 768MB RAM, and a 64MB GeForce 4 Ti 4200. At least you can see tanks!

That must be a painful experience. Don't even get me started on the merits of trying to play online with invisible tanks.... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Spec in sig

Play game with all settings set to high but shadow & lighting, game runs very well i wont need to upgrade after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My friend has 2gigs of ram with a less spec computer of my own and has all details up full "the works" game playes perfect with no slow down. So that extra ram paid off for him in the end.

Advertisement