Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about a PDA friendly version of UBB?

Options
  • 04-04-2001 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

At least for the palm. It's a nightmare trying to browse the boards with the Palm VII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So you can be 24/7 on boards eh Hobbes? smile.gif

I dunno, if there was a hack for it we'd do it I reckon, I like using my iPaq offline...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I'm sure Hobbes and he l33+ skillz could code a hack up in second so he could ...

anyway why would he need to use a PDA ... I think most of us assume at this stage he hasn't actually left his Apartment since they install his connection

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually some of the PDA friendly sites I visit do in fact have adverts. There are two kinds, graphics + text.

The text advert is normally one line of text no more then 5-6 words with link. Remember the target audience of a mobile PDA is very different so your link has to be friendly too, especially when you have to pay by the KB to view pages (I pay $45 a month for unlimited access, if I had normal access I would have to pay x4 that to view the same amount of stuff I normally do).

Not sure if mobile PDA's have taken off, but certainly some kind of even Board Sync software for UBB that allows you to D/L offline and read and reply then upload the replies. I'm pretty sure you'll get customers for it. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Have a look at ubbdev.com - might be an add-on there.

John.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Funncy enough, i was thinking about this as well last night. Only problem is, getting rid of the pictures. I'm sure the boards.ie sponsors wouldn't appreciate there being a version of the site, without any of their advertising.

I must look around, i'm sure it would be easy enough to write a small cgi script that would work on UBB's in general.

Gav

Advertisement