Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Gamecube Sale

Options
  • 24-06-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Just opposite the staircase on HMV Henry St is a table with a ton of crappy Sale CDs and Videos. Also part of the table are tons and tons of Gamecube games on sale. Mostly rotten, but even I couldn't resist Jeremy McGrath Motocross for €1.99

For when Game do 4 games trade in offer again 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Any price difference with the cubes themselves? Are they selling them off a la Dixons a while back?

Will have to drop up to HMV tomorrow after work, see what they have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Any good games in that pile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Any good games in that pile?

I highly doubt it what with the word "crappy" and "rotten" being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

are we talking crap as in "crap crap"
    or crap as in "crappy mccrap crappers"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

tman wrote:
    are we talking crap as in "crap crap"
    or crap as in "crappy mccrap crappers"

I would have to guess " crappy mc crappers" in all fairness they're being sold for less than a fiver if i'm corect. I'll properly scope out the situation tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Try this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271186 for info on cheap PS2 and Xbox games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lemlin wrote:
    Try this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271186 for info on cheap PS2 and Xbox games.
    i dont know if you noticed but we were kinda talking about gamecube...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

the corpo wrote:
    For when Game do 4 games trade in offer again 8)

Unfortunetly the GAME "4 game trade in and get any game for 99cent" is mis-advertised. It only refers to games that are 1 year old since release (or even earlier ) for example you would have to trade in games like Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater,Resident Evil 4 and GTA:San Andreas to get any game in the store for 99c. If you were to try games like Maximo, F1 2002, Fifa Football 2003 and old games like that they wont accept these as a part of the 4 game trade in offer. Unless you knew that already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Unfortunetly the GAME "4 game trade in and get any game for 99cent" is mis-advertised. It only refers to games that are 1 year old since release (or even earlier ) for example you would have to trade in games like Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater,Resident Evil 4 and GTA:San Andreas to get any game in the store for 99c. If you were to try games like Maximo, F1 2002, Fifa Football 2003 and old games like that they wont accept these as a part of the 4 game trade in offer. Unless you knew that already
    i think it's more a case of them not accepting games that currently have sequels on the shelves, which rules out pretty much every sports game without "2005" in its title.

(wtf was i on about in my previous post? :eek: )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It breaks my heart to see Gamecube games being sold for €1.99, and to see the new, chart games hidden in some tiny corner of every shop, next to the stacks of PS2 and X-Box games :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement