Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet usage prog

• 24-06-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend sofware that will run on a user's PC and monitor what web pages etc have been visited and if he has been downloading stuff, also this would have to run in stealth so as not to allow the user to know the programme is installed?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rootshome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Google "internet usage monitor" and you will find hundreds.. the first one that does what you want is http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/esmsoftware/sspy.htm
    but there are loads more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thelad wrote:
    Can anybody recommend sofware that will run on a user's PC and monitor what web pages etc have been visited and if he has been downloading stuff, also this would have to run in stealth so as not to allow the user to know the programme is installed?
    Thanks

hummmm why ? ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I think it's a case of innocent little boy isn't so little any more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

I dont like the idea of someone spying on another computer user...especially as there is an unknown and possible illegal usage i.e. keylogging for password to bank/CreditCard info!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Parental supervision can take many forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Thanks for the replies lads.. it's actually for a m8 of mine who suspects his secretary spends all day on the internet and get f*** all work done so he asked me was there any way of checking, not very nice but he is the boss! (-;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Is there a company internet usage policy?
    Is she aware of it ?
    Is it mentioned in her contract ?
    otherwise he could be heading into a lot of legal trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Thaed wrote:
    Is there a company internet usage policy?
    Is she aware of it ?
    Is it mentioned in her contract ?
    otherwise he could be heading into a lot of legal trouble.
    Well if shes doing f'all work i dont think shed have much of a case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Well if shes doing f'all work i dont think shed have much of a case?
    I strongly suggest that your buddy reads the following documents and seeks advice if he is uncertain what they mean:
    Employees and eSecurity: monitoring internet and email usage (Enterprise Ireland)
    The Legal Guide to Employee Monitoring (Prepared for SurfControl by Landwell Solicitors)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Im pretty sure the secretary could sue the sh!t out of the boss if he/she gets fired for messing on the net!!!

Also the evidence of messing on the net could EASILY be forged as in the employer records themself and then says it was the secretary.

Other than as a method to confirm/deny the employers suspicions there is little else that can be done from the results of such findings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

thelad wrote:
    Thanks for the replies lads.. it's actually for a m8 of mine who suspects his secretary spends all day on the internet and get f*** all work done so he asked me was there any way of checking, not very nice but he is the boss! (-;

Call me sexist if you like, but i find it odd that in your first post you refer to your boss' secretary as a he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

pete wrote:
    Call me sexist if you like, but i find it odd that in your first post you refer to your boss' secretary as a he.

thought secretary work was for both men and women, ya sexist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

That was a misprint, she is a good looking secretary and all! (-; No question of firing at all, he just want to know what she is at, she is only one with internet access but she clears out her history at end of every day and it made m8 suspicious as to why she needs to do that, thanks for input though (-;

Advertisement