Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best or worst camera phones!

• 24-06-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I want to get a new camera phone. Are there any that you would strongly recommend or are there any that you advise that I steer clear of? Also, is it worth getting a 3G phone? What are the advantages and uses of 3G? I don't understand it at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

You'll have to spend alot of money to get a good camera phone, the Sharp gx30 was one of the first phones with 1.3 megapixel camera, you might be able to pick one up cheap, it a flippy phone, my friend had one, I didn't like it much though.

The Nokia 6630 and 6230i have 1.3mega pixels too but they're shocking expensive. Sony are and will be bringing out some 2 megapixel phones soon, if you're gonna spend serious money on a phone I'd wait for them. 2 megapixel is pretty much digital camera quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

€420 gets you the sony ericsson K750i, its got 2mega pixels and is one of the best cameras/ if not the best camera in a phone at the moment.
    that is a rough price for most of the online shops. sadly it isnt available to buy in shops over here yet and i wouldnt hold yor breath for it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well it's not really being sold anymore but the Nokia 3200 has an awful camera.
    The 3G phones are nice and actually aren't too expensive because of the 100e off promotion right now. If you're on bill pay you can get a 3G phone pretty cheaply. Otherwise maybe a Sharp GX 25 or Nokia 6230 have good cameras too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Bear in mind that just because something has lots of megapixels, that doesn't necessarily mean it will take good pictures. The lenses are often DREADFUL, and some phones interpolate a bit to reach their high megapixel figures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I have to say, I have a SE V800 3g phone, and the camera quality is amazing, not to mention the spotlight an flash built in as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

I bought a nokia 6630 in the 100 off rtg promotion and the camera is excellent although I have to admit that some of the sony ericsson hav slightly better quality.A friend has a sony ericsson s700i and the quality is better however that phone would cost you alot more(mine was 199 with 80 cred).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

new k750i is around 350 not 420 thats a 2 mega pixel

that said camera on the nokia 6630 and SE v800 are both good and they are 199 + 249 respectively rtg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 6680 and Sharp V902 are by far the best I have seen so far..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i dont think 6680 camera is any better than the 6630?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It is slightly better. The flash makes a world of difference also..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

rsynnott wrote:
    Bear in mind that just because something has lots of megapixels, that doesn't necessarily mean it will take good pictures. The lenses are often DREADFUL, and some phones interpolate a bit to reach their high megapixel figures...

yea I've noticed that about digital camera's in general. I had a fuji 2 megapixel camera and it was fantastic. I then got a 4 megapixal camera and the quality is nowhere near as good, the picture is double the size granted but the noise in the picture makes it useless for detailed shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I have a seimens S65 and the camera in it is really really crap. I asked the guy in the store what was the best phone to get for around €150 and he told me this one. Its a crap phone in most ways too, I will never stray from Nokia again, and the worst thing is I have it for a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

SE S700i, IMO has the best camera quality I've seen, it can zoom so much its scary. Bit on the pricey side though!

Advertisement