Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Idiot Driver -rant

• 24-06-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I usually cycle to work,but i have had a few occasions in the last month where i got the bus.I dont live too far from my job & I always pay 90c fare without thinking, a few weeks ago a really grumpy driver insisted that i had to pay €1.50? fair enuff but i didnt have the change so he let me off!!
    anyhoo i looked it up & it turns out that 90c was the correct fare.
    i get on at stage #85 & i get off at stage#88-3 stages = 90c.
    So i get on the bus this morning & the driver refusesto let me on the bus unless i pay €1.50.I retorted telling him it was stage 85 -88 & our conversation became a shouting match,he insisted that my destination was stage 89 but let me on for 90c anyway??
    just before i was due to get off he called back to base & asked what the stage number was (with the obvious intent of humiliating me even more as i got off the bus-CNUT!)
    The entire bus was in stitches laughin as the word came back over the radio that I was indeed correct & it was stage 88!!
    The twat grumbled something to me about being right as i got off- no apologies now ,just an embarrased grunt.
    looking at my ticket as i walked up the road it was obvious that he hadnt pushed the stages forward on the ticket machine either as the destination printed on my ticket was actually the stop where i got on!!!.
    What a Fukker!!
    If your going to be a "jobsworth" you should at least do your job properly.

rant over
    back on the old bike on monday (thank fukk) :D
    Direach ar fud na tire me bollix !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

you go girl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

well the next fare up from 90c is 1.30 not 1.50 so something wrong there either way

now if you board at stage 85 you can only travel to the stop that is stage 88 if it is the stop after stage 88 although it is not yet stage 89 you would have overtravelled your fare
    Passengers boarding between stage points pay the appropriate fare from the preceding stage point. Passengers alighting between stage points pay the appropriate fare to the next stage point.

from here

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/fares.asp#1

but as i said the next fare up is 1.30 not 1.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

is a stop not the same as a stage? I always thought they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No stage means distance - as in if 3 stops were close this could be one stage - or if two stops are really far away this could be two stages etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

Did you not report the driver to Dublin Bus??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

On that note, what is the correct way to officially report a driver? Has anyone done this and been satisfied with the resolution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

I couldnt be bothered reporting a bus driver at this stage Ive reported several drivers over the years & the best result i got was a call back from a supervisor in the garage telling me my complaint would go further ..in that particular case (ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO)the bus driver asked me would i "do him a favour" & get off the bus 2 stops early(i.e a 25 minute walk home for me as opposed to a 5 minute one) so he could get back to the garage quicker?.:rolleyes: Seriously its not worth wasting your energy reporting them
    the company really dont give a shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Trojan wrote:
    On that note, what is the correct way to officially report a driver? Has anyone done this and been satisfied with the resolution?
    I wrote to head office - a driver of the last bus didn't stop to pick up a passenger who clearly signalled his request.
    I provided a time and bus route number (too dark for a reg plate). They said they had words with the driver and that he'd be monitored. Cynics would say that nothing happened the driver, I'm naive and ever optimistic.

Trojan wrote:

same way you would report the employee of any company by telephone to the respective depot or in writing to same or head office

kenmc wrote:
    is a stop not the same as a stage? I always thought they were.

no stage is always at a stop but not each stop is a stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I wrote in complaining many moons ago and they wrote back threatening legal action if I didnt retract my complaint!!

On a funnier note, a bus driver I know...in his pre-bus driving days was hit by a bus while driving his car. The driver and conductor told the Gardai that it was this guys fault.."our word against his".... at that stage a rough looking guy begging on the side of the road steps forward, identifies himself as undercover Garda ...saw everything and confirmed that the two of them were lying.... nice one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

shltter wrote:
    no stage is always at a stop but not each stop is a stage
    Not necessarily, stage marks are often the side streets between stops.

in dublin bus where ??

the stage might be named for example malahide rd /collins ave but it refers to the stop closest to there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Victor wrote:
    Not necessarily, stage marks are often the side streets between stops.

They are always at stops, they are just written in the timetables as the closest side streets to the relevant stops. Until the latest repaint the stage numbers were marked on each bus stop that was a stage point, why they weren't put back on is a good question. It certainly doesn't help clarify the situation for passengers or drivers, particularly new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

God its so much easier in Limerick, the fare is only 1.20, take it or leave it (unless ur under 16 ... then its 80c)! Once u are outside the city heading outbound getting on will cost u 80c adult and 50c child! And vise versa for entering the city!

stages are a very in exact science they do not seem to be based on any particular criteria for example distance or number of stops just basically where ever they want to fit one in

Advertisement