Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House deal falling apart?

Options
  • 24-06-2005 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

For any who read my previous posts about the hassle of getting a mortgage etc It seems the hassle is not over for me.

The closing date for my house was the 15th in fact the financial closing date was the 10th, what i mean is everything was to be ready, mortgage cheque etc by then so the other people could close their deal. The 15th (june) was our closing date. I busted my ass to get everything ready for their date and i did. The cheque was printed the 10th so that was enough and they signed theirs and all seems well with the world.

The following monday i hear that they are delayed now for 2 weeks and are looking for more time. I said they could have till the weekend but i needed to be in by then. That was fine they said. Weekend rolls around and no word.. nothing.. im STILL bloody waiting. It seems THEIR solicitor does not have everything needed to give to mine. It now also emerges there are 2 mortgages on that house and their solicitor has no idea about the second one.. they changed solicitor at some point. So meanwhile myself and my wife are living out of a suitcase, a loan cheque with my solicitor doing nothing and no idea what to do. It seems very "convenient" that its being delayed right after they were looking for an extra 2 weeks!!! Anyway as far as i know and am concerned they are in breach of contract so i told the estate agent to pass that message on to them today and said if there is no go ahead on monday then im getting my solicitor to procede down that route. If i need to i will get my deposit back and go find another house. Though chances are its a lot more complicated than that..

I WANT this house, just seems they are being assholes about it and stalling.. whoever they are buying off decided to piss off on holidays for 2 weeks in the middle of a sale.

AGHHH... :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

thats terrible but I have heard of it happening. Your best bet is to scream bloody murder, I would hound your solicitor and get him to threaten them with further proceedings. Chances are you wont be in by monday but you could get in for Thurs or Fri, dont let them get away with it. Solicitors will do that, not answer the phone and delay you by a day or two then give some excuse and do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure what you can actually do until you have a contract in your (solicitor's) hands with their signatures on it.

Do talk it out with your solicitor and start house hunting again if needs be. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

have u signed the contracts and have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Everything is signed, you dont draw a mortgage if you have not signed contracts.
    anyway from talking with solicitor on Friday he believes its genuine. They used a solicitor when buying the house first who is not providing the docs we need. Its not pure delay tactics but its a pain in the ass. They ARE in breach of contract, i know that. Oh the stress.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Saruman wrote:
    Everything is signed, you dont draw a mortgage if you have not signed contracts.
    anyway from talking with solicitor on Friday he believes its genuine. They used a solicitor when buying the house first who is not providing the docs we need. Its not pure delay tactics but its a pain in the ass. They ARE in breach of contract, i know that. Oh the stress.

I feel for you cos I had similar issues, but I wouldn't be so sure that they are in breach of contract, surely the contract just ties them in to selling the house to you at a certain price. Is the closing date in the contracts?? I didn't think so as my closing date got moved a couple of times after everyone had signed.

As everyone says above just keep hassling them...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I feel for you, I had a house deal fall through last year and it is a horrible experience. But it sounds as if the people you are buying from are stuck because the people they are buying from are the kind of morons who go on holiday in the middle of moving house. So they are experiencing from their seller what they are doing to you.

It's difficult for you, but this isn't an unusual occurance when there is a chain involved. Hang on in there, and good luck.

Advertisement