Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom is getting in the way.

• 24-06-2005 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I received my modem from smart around 2 weeks ago. They said on the letter that i got with the modem it wud take 10 days to be connected to smart broadband. its been over 10 days and i'm still not connected. i rang smart to ask y i wasnt connected yet and the guy said it might have something to do with eircom not letting smart use the lines. i was wondering did any1 else have dis problem and if they did did they get it sorted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Smart are looseing a lot of capital by sending out routers and not being able to connect people.

Eircom may very well liquidate Smart if they keep this childish behaviour up.

Also those adds for Smart BB cant be cheap nor the wages for their BB techies who currently dont have any active position!!!

Everyone here has a lot to thank Smart for as a quadrupling of eircom Home broadband speeds would not have occured, no matter how much the terrier called ComReg had done, if some real competition had not been on the horizon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Exactly. Real competition has quadrupled our speeds. Just the fact that smart were rolling out caused it. eircom reacted before the competition really got going. Amazing too how overnight they managed to double and quadruple speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Funny isnt it......they were milking all they could from 512k until they were pushed kicking and screaming into 1/2Mbit territory.

eircom would love to get us all back on pais per minute dial-up.

Still remember getting a bill a year ago for €130 due to dialup charges!!!
    Straight away I sourced out broadband and here were are today with(for the most part) always on broadband(if you ignore the joke that is eircom Time!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Has your phone line been ported to smart yet?

I recently moved too and was having problems getting connected but it turned out that they state your username incorrectly on the welcome letter.

They have a dash (-) between the STD code and phone number where as there should be one. ie username should be 011234567 instead of 01-1234567.

This also happened to a friend of mine too so I don't think it's an isolated case.

Advertisement