Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News Letters

Options
  • 24-06-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

I am not too sure this belongs here, but I am looking for recommmendations for newsletters to keep me up to date on my programming skills. Mainly looking for topics relating to C/C++ and Java.

Thanks
    roar_ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Erm, C and C++ are pretty much static, these days. The last change to the C standard was in 1999, and everyone ignored it.

For Java, Sun has hundreds of mailing lists; I'm fairly sure there's one that tracks new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Spring, Hibernate and AspectJ seem to be the new things going on with java at the moment.

Don't know about C++. What sort of area's of development are you interested in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I am really just trying to make sure I keep my skill set up to date. I currently do a lot with java in work, mainly with XML and server programming. Just thought it had ben a bit long since I last looked at C/C++ and should brush up a little, though if its not changing it'll not be a problem.

Thanks, I think I will take some time and look at the Sun site so.
    roar_ie

Advertisement