Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems to be a games moderator missing!

Options
  • 06-04-2001 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Well there is.. apparently something weird is after happening.. anyway I nominate myself for the position!! wink.gif

.logic.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was wondering too were that certain moderator went ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

wasnt that Shinji?
    sure he's on the CS boards anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yes it was him, I didn't want to mention any names just in case, he could take it the wrong way smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Um yes. Don't know what the story is there. I figure it's something to do with not wanting moderators to be covering two different boards, which is fair enough, but Games could really do with an active moderator - as you can see, it's really teeming with rubbish posts now, and I anticipate that the warez kiddies will be back posting piracy info any minute now... smile.gif

I don't honestly care who does it, I'd really just like to see the Games board kept clean is all smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Get someone active in to moderate it - theres some spanner called Davitt spamming the various different boards at the moment with the 'fu<k you all' type of messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah i am on line now smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I wouldnt mind doing it seeing as I live online wink.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Eh?

I dunno why that happened. We dont have anything against someone moderating two boards and certainly nothing against Shinji as a mod.

Hmmm confused.

I'll ask cloud about it in case he has some cloud-like insight into it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Otto and Davitt are a couple of trolls acting the pri<k in there the last day or two.

I take responsibility for reducing all moderators to one board each, but if they are happier to do more - that's fine by me! Just didn't want too much load on anybody.

• Advertisement

What about me biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

any chance i could help doing it ?
    i read the boards more that just about anyone
    and dev you ever going to do up the stats
    so i can see if that dam indigo proxy is
    catching up on me on the hits smile.gif

Coyote

I'd like to do it too :0
    btw wb crash wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd put my name forward only I'd be corrupted by power like the batch of goose stepping fascist moderators currently in control of this banana dictatorship.

Plus it'd compromise my right to be a sarcastic bollix

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Aw amp, dont be so hard on yourself.
    You will always have the right to be a sarcastic bollix smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If shinji wants the job back its his, otherwise I'll pick one from the people offering to do it...

DeV.

Cheers Paladin. It's the love that keeps me coming back.

Ok who do I have to shag to become a moderator around here?!

I promise to be fair yet merciless in an incredibly witty way.

C'mon Dev, show me love, after all if I'm entered into the Free Masons... uh I mean Moderator Team then the endless taunting and general bolshie behaviour will be reversed onto my loyal peons. Don't ignore the +4 Spear of Sarcasm, harness it's power. Embrace it. You know it mocks sense.

amp: who's got one trouser leg rolled up already.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer still...

Let amps reign of sarcasm begin.

If Shinji still wants the job the two of you can co-mod it.

DeV.

HA! Of course I now being opresse... huh? You what? I'm a moderator? ummmm...

*thinks*

Goes into Games.

YES!!!! I RULE!

Cheers Dev... smile.gif

*starts making plans for world domination*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

of course, its only once you become a level 5 moderator do you get to use the '+2 thread locking link of democracy....'
    at level 7, you get 'edit reply link of free speech..'
    and the coup de grace, you get 4 stars and a moderator badge. nice shiney one, like the blue peter one actually smile.gif

• Advertisement

Hail WWman, well met. *performs bizarre secret handshake*

So at what level do I get to open the +7 Can Of Whupáss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hi - whoops, sorry for delay in responding, I suck smile.gif

Yeah I'd quite like moderator on the board back - I see amp has it now as well, which is cool, because two active moderators is a Good Thing.

Don't worry about the "workload" Cloud, I'm a mad and dodgy power hungry freak... wink.gif (T&Cs apply...)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

* gives Amp the secret handshake

Welcome brother...

When you reach level 9, you can cast the "Banish to Trolls" spell which is quite handy - +10 damage to spammers like Cloud and DeV tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

Advertisement