Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journals disabled due to security exploit

Options
  • 24-06-2005 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Read on vbulletin.org that there is a serious security issue with the vBJournal system, so we have to disable it for the time being...

Sorry - it is beyond our control at the moment :(

John.
    --
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Damn! and just as I was about to post a lifechanging entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anyone take advantage of it here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Any idea how long it'll be?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

cloud another thing i noticed, i dont know if its a security exploit also but unregistered users can comment on pics in the photo area for subscribers.

I only noticed when i was commenting and my name came up Anonymous (because i wasnt logged in)
    Or is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

You have to login to have your name come up. There's a link in the top right corner of the photo area, just enter your present handle and boards password.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sparky_S wrote:
    cloud another thing i noticed, i dont know if its a security exploit also but unregistered users can comment on pics in the photo area for subscribers.

I only noticed when i was commenting and my name came up Anonymous (because i wasnt logged in)
    Or is this normal?
    This seems to have been fixed with an upgrade to the Photopost that took place today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement