Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone settings

Options
  • 24-06-2005 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I have a sony ericsson k700i and am having a few problems with Vodafone Live!

Anytime I try to download anything or watch a movie clip (yes i know it's madness to do that at all given the price, but i wanted to see if it would work) it gave me an error message saying that I needed to enable HTTP.

There was an option for HTTP or WAP in the internet settings on the phone. I switched that and Live! would no longer connect at all.

Any ideas ?

Internet Settings
    Connect Using:
    Vodafone Wap GPRS

Internet Mode:
    WAP

IP Address:

Security:
    Off

Username:
    Dublin

Password:
    Dublin

There are also settings for Java and Streaming but I can't find any configuration settings for those on vodafone's website at all.

The phone is ex-orange but is debranded and is now on Vodafone Ready to Go.

I also can't download my email from my IMAP account .. have tried everything!

Should I just change to O2 ? is their GPRS service any better?
    What about Meteor?

Comments

You can't download your e-mail because Vodafone don't allow prepaid customers to access to the internet APN. O2 and Meteor do provide this service, but O2 are very expensive. (3c per kilobyte on O2 compared to €2.50 per megabyte on Meteor)

I'm not sure about the video downloads, never tried it. If it tells you to enable HTTP it might need the internet APN too.

Advertisement