Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2: Gfx card advice needed please

Options
  • 24-06-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I ordered Bf2 today and now it's time to get a new GFX card.I've got a 4x agp slot and would prefer to spend somewhere inbetween €100 and €200. I assume I can buy a 8x agp card and it will run at 4x on my motherboard ?

Below are kompletts choice of cards, all suggestions welcome.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10413&sortBy=p&minprice=&maxPrice=
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Btw:It's going inside a shuttle pc so I assume all cards are a standard size and should fit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Perhaps one of the cheaper x series Ati cards? You should stretch a bit further with your cash though, get something with a bit more lastability and performance for the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=303912&cks=PRL

this one can be modded to an GT speeds, but dont do it for a while.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

GEFORCE 5700 OR 5900 ARE GOOD CARDS. SOME 5700'S ON WWW.KOMPLETT.IE FOR LESS THAN €100. SOME CHEAP ATI 9600 FOR LESS THAN €100 AS WELL. THEY ALSO HAVE 128MB 6600GT FOR €185.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GEFORCE 5700 OR 5900 ARE GOOD CARDS

.....huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ghost26ie wrote:
    GEFORCE 5700 OR 5900 ARE GOOD CARDS.

Are these not ****e???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

if its a shuttle it might have a 250w psu so maybe a 5700/9600 is your only option but if 350w+ then 6600gt maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

i said good not great. they'll do the job. and you'll get them cheap.

I suppose I'm willing to spend closer to €200 to get a half decent card that will last a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Get the one Kdjac recommended.

• Advertisement

petes wrote:
    Get the one Kdjac recommended.
    Sounds good.My next worry is the power supply.I believe it currently is 200w, does this impact the gfx card.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Hullo,

Quick question. When installing extra ram into your system, does it take up space on the C: drive?? I just got battlefield and an extra 512mb ram and whilst I was playing the game, it shut down and said I only had nearly no disk space left. I had 13gigs this morning defo. What's the story??

Check the sys req on Nvidia site or any decent site.

Quick google suggests 350watt or more depending on system.

JacoStanley

Ram and HD sapce have nothing to do with each other. Any error you may have about disk space has nothing to do with Ram.

kdjac

Found out what the story was. Unaware to me, Fraps was recording me playing BF2 and recording 13gigs worth of mpeg. Mental.

Found out what the story was. Unaware to me, Fraps was recording me playing BF2 and recording 13gigs worth of mpeg. Mental.

yeah was thinking that or somfin like it.
    Not turn your pc to a piece of crap whilst running?

kdjac

Yeah, it's great fun now. What server is TIG at???

Advertisement