Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rudeness from spod on the programming board

Options
  • 09-04-2001 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<bl33t>
    have a wee gander at this thread i started on "programming".
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum19/HTML/000146.html

very rude those bunch are. i ask a question, and i get flamed. i am forever posting abuse about ppl on the counter-strike board, i post alot on games, and i once had a problem with my ie so i even posted on "webmaster".

my one post in webmaster met with lots of usefull tips.

the only ppl i see bleeting anywhere on my usual boards are the numbers clan and shinji who enjoy the verbal warefare, and dont take it too seriously.

and my first time posting on programming, spod, the admin flames me for being a muppet. to much programming.geek.noFun makes jack a dull boy, with a serious lack social tact.

</end of bl33t>

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    [clergy]Altar Boy
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll
    be warm for a day. Set a man on
    fire, and he'll be warm for the
    rest of his life."

[This message has been edited by DeadBankClerk (edited 09-04-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you read eariler threads you will see that people who post thier homework and expect an answer get flamed. Personally I would of just deleted the thread as I don't like people who can't do thier own homework.

If you really want an answer then actually do some work then ask for help on bits your stuck on. That is something you didn't do until your last post and even then you cite someone elses work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah when the programming board came into evolution it was specifically said that it would not be used for homework and any homework requests put on it would be ignored. I think spod was right here. Soz.

.logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    and my first time posting on programming, spod, the admin flames me for being a muppet. to much programming.geek.noFun makes jack a dull boy, with a serious lack social tact.
    </font>

Right, but saying that someone is a geek and dull boy is a demonstration of social tact?

People on programming type boards or irc channels are generally not very receptive to someone they've never seen before (some people may not read boards apart from programming etc.) posting what appears to be a homework type question. That's a fact. As spod said, you could have searched google. A search for "visual show induction" got me http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/idris/AlgorithmsProject/ProofMethods/Induction/ProofByInduction.html as the 10th link, which gives an example of what you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

2 things.

1) I'm not actually an admin on the programming board wink.gif

2) As talliesin pointed out, my reply was more directed at your reply to jazzer.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    if u dont want to do my homework don't. seem simply enough to me.
    </font>

I think it's more then acceptable to flame a reply like that.

Although, admittedly saying that the lecturer for the 1st year CS maths course reads boards was a bit cheeky, but, if he does, I'd be scared, he's a strange man who is seemingly quite good at judo.

anyway, think that covers everything.

spod

Advertisement