Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java 2 runtime enviroment problem

Options
  • 24-06-2005 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Im trying to install a programme that requires java 2 runtime enviroment 1.4. I have it installed already but when the programme is installing im prompted that its not installed, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have been through the security section in internet options too but nothing.
    Any help would be great. Running XP BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Sometimes your path can get reset by various things. The app you're installing is most likely looking for the location of the JRE in your path, and can't find it.

Right-click "My Computer", go to Properties -> Advanced -> Environment variables, and scroll down the list of existing variables until you see "path". Then click "Edit", and append the "bin" directory of your JRE to the path. It should be something like "C:\jre_1.4_1\bin" or something. Make sure there is a semi-colon before the existing path entries and this one, but only one. There is no need to put a semi-colon at the end.

Then try installing your application again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ok thanks for the reply. Is this what i should have now...

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\ULEADS~1\Mpeg;C\jre_1.4_1\bin

This sort of thing is a little out of my league i think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Yep, assuming that's where you've installed the JVM, that should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Looks perfect. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement