Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year arts results out

Options
  • 24-06-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

As I said above.....
    All I need now is my own third year ones and i'll be set

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

oh god come on already just put up the 3rd year ones! hope all 2nd years did good. i'm going mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

2nd Arts:
    History 45%
    Politics 18%

I f**king knew it...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SebtheBum wrote:
    2nd Arts:
    History 45%
    Politics 18%

I f**king knew it...

Sorry to hear that Seb. Will you be repeating then? I've heard awful stories about the pass rate in politics in 2nd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Sorry to hear that Seb. Will you be repeating then? I've heard awful stories about the pass rate in politics in 2nd year.

yeah wsan't there something in one of the college newspapers about a 95% failure rate in 2nd yr politics last year???

if so you're in the majority :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

1270 HIS 2000 1 History Main Campus UCD 3H

45%
    Summer

1304 PHIL 2000 1 Philosophy Main Campus UCD 2H2

51%
    Summer

Thankyou, God.

Disclaimer : I didn't do any essays all year, not even ONE :( . So I was -25% in both subjects. So those apparently ****ty marks are actually out of 75%, heh. Waster is me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Go you for passing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Anyone who passes exams deserves kudos.... anyone like Seb who failed deserves to be laughed at. Mwwwwwwaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Congrats dude.
    Vainglory wrote:
    1270 HIS 2000 1 History Main Campus UCD 3H

45%
    Summer

1304 PHIL 2000 1 Philosophy Main Campus UCD 2H2

51%
    Summer

Thankyou, God.

Disclaimer : I didn't do any essays all year, not even ONE :( . So I was -25% in both subjects. So those apparently ****ty marks are actually out of 75%, heh. Waster is me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

SebtheBum wrote:
    2nd Arts:
    History 45%
    Politics 18%

I f**king knew it...
    Ah never mind Seb, sure a 95% failure rate is just crazy :( If it makes you feel any better I got 15% in an exam once, then got 63% in the repeats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

56.7% archaeology. 53% history... I am shocked I did so well considering the year I've just had... bad luck Seb... there were a lot of problems and many complaints about last years 2nd politics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

failed history by 3%

anyone know why it says "EX" beside my english mark (56.8%) ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yeah wsan't there something in one of the college newspapers about a 95% failure rate in 2nd yr politics last year???

Yeah it was for a particular class being taught by Attracta Ingram. Of those who sat the exam (must have been around 50 people) 95% failed... haha. Of the rest who did the essay - I think it was only 50% failed (still a lot!). Damn that was a boring class though.... i'd rather listen to the talking clock for an hour then her.

They seem to be getting militant in the politics department and failing tons of people. They especially go for people who don't do the essays for/go to the tutorials. Even though people are passing the written papers they're failing because they've no continuous assessment marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Eh, I just wanna say I never studied for Politics or turned up for any tutorials in second semester, nor did I do half of the essays....
    So I ain't playin this "Oh woe is me, the Politics dept.'s marking is loike, soooo unfair, y'know roish?!". :rolleyes:

Failure rate in second yr politics is nowhere near like is constantly quoted anyway. It's high, no question, between 30-40%, but f**k it, lotsa courses have failure rates like that.

If I did the work, I would've passed, end of story. Same for everyone else.
    If the Politics dept. is getting "militant", it's only because the students blatently haven't studied or done the work - How can you possibly pass someone who hasn't done enough to earn a pass mark??? :confused:

Anyway, I'll pass in August, no problem. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I passed geography at 57.6! i can't believe I passed it by that much I completely winged one exam (geomorphology), wrote rubbish for another (europe) i guess my work for climatology and globalisation + urbanization paid off!
    I'm so glad i won't have to make the 10,000km round trip from vancouver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I'm gonna have to give up smoking & drinking!

If the Politics dept. is getting "militant", it's only because the students blatently haven't studied or done the work - How can you possibly pass someone who hasn't done enough to earn a pass mark???

I'm cool with that, although I was one of the 5% :D

Still though it's partly their fault for not motivating people to do better... if they taught to a higher standard and were more involved it wouldn't be as bad. Why should this year and last year be so bad compared to other years? They're not communicating enough with students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I'm gonna have to give up smoking & drinking!

Now thats just krazy talk lady and you goddamn know it!!!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Eh, I just wanna say I never studied for Politics or turned up for any tutorials in second semester, nor did I do half of the essays....
    So I ain't playin this "Oh woe is me, the Politics dept.'s marking is loike, soooo unfair, y'know roish?!". :rolleyes:

Failure rate in second yr politics is nowhere near like is constantly quoted anyway. It's high, no question, between 30-40%, but f**k it, lotsa courses have failure rates like that.

If I did the work, I would've passed, end of story. Same for everyone else.
    If the Politics dept. is getting "militant", it's only because the students blatently haven't studied or done the work - How can you possibly pass someone who hasn't done enough to earn a pass mark??? :confused:

Anyway, I'll pass in August, no problem. :cool:

Ooooh yaaah focking roysh Sebastien like!

If my memory serves me correctly I think you said you left after like 10 minutes or something for one of papers. Now to still get 18% is quite an achievement!

I do know Politics is an ass to pass but high failure rates reflect badly on any department and if the trend continues they really should develop some common sense and go easier on the correcting for their own sakes.

they really should develop some common sense and go easier on the correcting for their own sakes.
    no that's only going to create a downward spiral and soon we'll all be American-thick. They need to crack the whip a bit.... but in a good way :)

m1ke wrote:
    no that's only going to create a downward spiral and soon we'll all be American-thick. They need to crack the whip a bit.... but in a good way :)

Well if failure rates are so high in Politics in comparison to other Arts subjects it certainly seems to me they are too harsh on the students.

• Advertisement
Advertisement