Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy records in Galway?

Options
  • 24-06-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just after getting a set of decks and i've realised that nowhere in Galway actaully sells wax any more :o
    anyone know where i could pick up a couple of dance records? (i'd mainly be into the hard stuff... but anything will do to tide me over until my online order gets here)

the scene in Galway has gone to **** recently :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm, I know Bell Book and Candle have a lot of second hand Vinyl, but I can't say what they have in stock. Might be worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cool, i'll check them out tomorrow...
    at least i will if you tell me wherabouts bell book and candle is :)

they... eh... have records, i'll give you that much.

i'm now the proud owner of "chicago - if you leave me now"
    can't wait to bang this beauty out :)
    http://img250.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00046jj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

hmv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Zhivago at the top of Eyre Square
    Golden Discs on Eglinton St. should have some, and maybe Mulligan Records (behind Shop St. - towards the docks side).

I'll ask a few friends, see where else - I'd be interested myself, toying with the idea of getting a set of cheap-ass decks and a mixer for fooling about.

And Chicago rock. Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

HMV -Very Poor, Large amounts of the latest RnB/Hip-hop and what ever crap trance remix of an 80's song is doing the rounds at the moment, that said I have found 1 or 2 decent tracks, I check it now and then just incase..... Oh for rock albums they are not too bad, picked up becks new album and LCD soundsystems double album.

Mulligans - Very odd selection of Vinyl, but I found some jems in there. Its very poorly layed out and you kinda have to get used to whee things are, most of the covers are fúcked too, you can spot the new stuff thats in because its shiny and clean compared to the old stock....... Picked up a copy of Mezzanine by massive atack about a year ago for €20, they are about £90 on Ebay.

Zhivago (Eyre Sq) - Just like HMV, loads of RnB crap but sometimes they have the odd decent track. They have a deck aswell to try out tunes.

I think Golden Disks have stopped doing vinyl now, I didnt know about Bell,Book and candle,must check them out......

Deckheads were the only proper dance vinyl shop in galway for a while, and they were very poor too, basically your only way to get want you want is online:

www.juno.co.uk - The daddy

www.phonicarecords.co.uk - Getting much better

www.nuloop.com - varied

what kinda stuff will you be playing?

Sean.

Deckheads were the only proper dance vinyl shop in galway for a while, and they were very poor too, basically your only way to get want you want is online:

www.juno.co.uk - The daddy

www.phonicarecords.co.uk - Getting much better

www.nuloop.com - varied

what kinda stuff will you be playing?

Sean.
    i'll be focussing mostly on fairly nailz hard-nrg to start with. put in a small order with bangingtunes.com on friday and should be getting a few second hand tunes off a couple of their forum members this week...
    cash is fairly tight after splashing out on a set of 1210s (even though they were an absolute bargain at €600 :)) so i won't be branching out in styles for a few months...
    tbh i'll be playing a bit of everything. looking forward to buying some breaks and funky techno (dj preach style ****) might get a bit of house and some acid techno for the laugh...
    i'm gonna move onto juno once i've bought everything on my bangingtunes wishlist (think it's at 60+ records now :o )

cheers for the headsup on hmv and zhivago - gonna pick up a couple of records tomorrow just so i can give my babies a proper roadtest
    SyxPak wrote:
    Zhivago at the top of Eyre Square
    Golden Discs on Eglinton St. should have some, and maybe Mulligan Records (behind Shop St. - towards the docks side).

I'll ask a few friends, see where else - I'd be interested myself, toying with the idea of getting a set of cheap-ass decks and a mixer for fooling about.

And Chicago rock. Man.
    Yeah, the flatmate's gf mentioned that they might have some in golden discs. couldn't see any when i popped my head in over the weekend. and couldn't be arsed asking...
    gonna give mulligans a try tomorrow as well. popped my head in the door the other day but didn't bother looking through their selection...

you should definitely get a set man, there's so many hours of enjoyment to be had.
    can't wait until i've got mine properly set up and a decent selection of vinyl to play (they're set up on the floor right now and i've only got the above mentioned "chicago" record and a crappy freestylers one.)

my god hmv's selection is **** :eek:
    couldn't resist picking up cafe del mar (three n one & michael woods mixes)
    grabbed captain tinrib and sol ray - attack of the 50 foot dj (was meaning to order this one anyway - best title ever :p )
    and a couple of random hard house tunes (mental note - avoid the traffic label like the plague!)

will give zhivago a try on thursday

pulled off my first decent mix after 3 attempts - only using the pitch fader for corrections is the key :)
    best €900 and counting that i've ever spent

Advertisement