Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN to Broadband

• 24-06-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

i've convinced the parents that isdn is bad value (long story and took a long time to do so).

now i've shown them the BTireland package of broadband plus with line rental
    • first four month €35 per month
    • €50 after that.
    • 2mb connection and 24gig download limit
    you know the one.

but this isn't my problem, at the moment i'm with eircom and i'm using IOL anytime 180 package (€30 a month). Now here's the rotten part, my dad takes care of the bills and i only found out today that BT have never charge us for this product at all (signed up 1st August 2003 according to their web timer thingy).

What should i do? should we ring BT and ask to have the broadband plus with line rental and hope that they don't recognise the back log (it's their fault for not charging anyways isn't it?).

another thing is we have to get the isdn out, will BT take care of that or will we have to pay eircom to have that done?

what's the best way to minimise the downtime to 56k if at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anybody willing to shed a bit of life into this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I know at the moment eircom are downgrading to pstn for free from isdn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

A similar thing happened to me. I had Netsmart/IOL Anytime for about 2 years and they never took any money. I never noticed because it was supposed to be a direct debit and they don't do paper bills. Eventually, I got a letter from a debt collection agency chasing ~€500 on behalf of BT. I refused to deal with these people and rang BT, on the basis that I hadn't been informed that they weren't getting their money (if I had, I would have paid it). I got them to call off their debt collection people and I paid BT directly. They promised to send me a monthly invoice from then on, but of course that never happened. The direct debits went correctly thereafter (and you can be sure I double checked). I cancelled the Anytime last week because I finally got wireless broadband. Waiting on a final bill now to confirm I am cancelled, but my userid seems to be revoked, so presumably I am. The bottom line is that the BT billing system is beyond crap. Ring them and give out stink that they haven't been taking their money. You are not the first, and they will twig it eventually. It's their mistake, but you do owe them the money, so better to bite the bullet now and get it over. Make sure you tell them that it is their incompetance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

As said above, you used the service so pay up or the Debt collectors will eventually turn up on your door!!!

Its simply not worth the hassle hopeing that BT wont notice...as they eventually will!!!

BT Broadband is still the best DSL out there with their €35 for first 4months and €50 thereafter package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i was planning to pay it off anyways as said i have been using their service.

so do i ring eircom first and downgrade to pstn? and then ring BT?

or

do i just ring BT and they'll downgrade the isdn and install broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Give them both a ring...but eircom will be the people doing any physical work on your line.

"Pataman" said above that eircom are doing free downgrades from ISDN....but Im unsure if that rests on the fact that you take up their BB or not?!?

Advertisement