Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2fm

Options
  • 24-06-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I just got a new job this month and I'm listening to it 40 hours a week. Christ almighty.. it's torture. Just U2, Coldplay, U2, Coldplay. And both their new albums are pretty ****e in fairness.

I mean there's a broad spectrum of popular music out there. I like alot of pop music. But the same two distinctly average singles over and over and over is really taking the piss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I just got a new job this month and I'm listening to it 40 hours a week. Christ almighty.. it's torture. Just U2, Coldplay, U2, Coldplay. And both their new albums are pretty ****e in fairness.

Well in all fairness, unless you work in 2fm, there is a small knob/dial/button to change the channel.

And yes, both U2 and coldplay suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yeah im stuck in the same scenario and find that from 12 o clock on each presenter is on for about 2 hours and each presenter just plays the exact same songs as the previous. "I like the way you move" was on by all of them as well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i find the new Coldplay album to be quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's pumped around the office. Can't change/turn it off

I suppose it's a fact that most people just want to hear the same 5 songs everytime they turn on their radio. It's the same with most music in pubs. The repetitiveness just drives me insane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is it not possible for you to bring in your own radio/Discman/MP3 plyaer and use headphones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The place I work they have Q102 on and while there is rarely a song repeated throughout the day, the same songs are played at similar times every day. They're not bad songs though so not complaining. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Amz wrote:
    Is it not possible for you to bring in your own radio/Discman/MP3 plyaer and use headphones?

I take alot of inbound calls.

Anyway, not trying to winge. Just preferred no music in my old office as opposed to ****e music in my new office. :)

2FM is quite decent at off-peak hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

2FM is quite decent at off-peak hours.

Indeed.

I have to put up with 98FM and FM104 playing the same old bland sh!t over and over again every day. Who the hell are these idiots in charge of the playlists? They should all be sacked FFS. People want to hear great music being played on the radio but the mainstream radio stations are afraid to experiment with their playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Indeed.

I have to put up with 98FM and FM104 playing the same old bland sh!t over and over again every day. Who the hell are these idiots in charge of the playlists? They should all be sacked FFS. People want to hear great music being played on the radio but the mainstream radio stations are afraid to experiment with their playlists.
    not the fault of the playlist people or DJ's. it's the station bosses who really choose. playing coldplay at 1PM means more sponsors, rather then mixing it up with a bit of velvet acid christ at lunchtime.

Advertisement