Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Code

Options
  • 24-06-2005 7:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played this yet? Was all set to pick it up for something different on the DS, but I'm not so sure now, I've heard it's a bit ropey as far as Point and Clicks go.

Looks really nice, though and it is the start of the second wave of DS games, finally (although it doesn't really start proper until oct/nov)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw it in the shops today (3 months before the US release, which makes a nice change), so I decided to look up some reviews of it. I found a review on gamefaqs which said it was very short and only took 4 hours to play from start to finish, and that it was very easy apart from 2 puzzles. Then I spotted Eurogamers list of this weeks releases which said a review was coming soon and that they advised everyone to wait and read the review before they got it. Doesn't sound too promising..... It'll probably be €29 in a couple of months (or cheaper), so I'll probably wait until then. Bomberman DS and Kirby will keep me going until then when they arrive next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got it today. :)
    I've barely started it, but it's fun so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rumours that the Nintendo Revolution controller will feature eleven analog sticks, a 32" touch screen and be covered with human skin are probably untrue.

Have you got a Boyfriend???

kdjac

Unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Unfortunately not.

Do you want one :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

TmB wrote:
    I saw it in the shops today (3 months before the US release, which makes a nice change), so I decided to look up some reviews of it. I found a review on gamefaqs which said it was very short and only took 4 hours to play from start to finish, and that it was very easy apart from 2 puzzles. Then I spotted Eurogamers list of this weeks releases which said a review was coming soon and that they advised everyone to wait and read the review before they got it. Doesn't sound too promising..... It'll probably be €29 in a couple of months (or cheaper), so I'll probably wait until then. Bomberman DS and Kirby will keep me going until then when they arrive next week! :)

Yeah, I think Eurogamers review wasn't too flattering in the end.
    I'm getting Kirby myself, but it wont be for another 2 and a bit weeks... looks like the DS may be going back into storage again, unless I pick up a decent GBA game to tide me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

KdjaC wrote:
    Careful now kdjac :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought Kdjac was married???

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Well if he's married and still has time for Pro Evo (and moderating Pro Evo) she must be one patient woman. ;)

cregser wrote:
    Holy sh*t, that's my crappy webpage!
    (hasn't been updated in 2 and a half years...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i wish they'd port the scummvm already - what's the freakin hold up??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

back on topic... the game is pretty boring tbh. ill finish it and bring it back i think. im two hours in and its nothing mazing. just some mystery. i think ill get tekken 5 instead.

I too am starting to get bored of it. Think I'll be exchanging it for Astro Boy: Omega Factor and Advance Guardian Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I like it alot... but unfortunetly I'm stuck in it now as my brain can't do those sliding block puzzle things.

So unless I can find someone to help me with that bit Another Code is going to sit in a pile with Onimusha and Crimson Butterfly as a game that I that I can't make any progress in due to a sliding block puzzle thing.

It's so annoying... it's not like I'm stupid or anything... I just have no ability at those things at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

hey hey everyone knows kirby and i are the hottest item since tom and nicole! :D

at least in my fantasies we are.. :(

I like it alot... but unfortunetly I'm stuck in it now as my brain can't do those sliding block puzzle things.

So unless I can find someone to help me with that bit Another Code is going to sit in a pile with Onimusha and Crimson Butterfly as a game that I that I can't make any progress in due to a sliding block puzzle thing.

It's so annoying... it's not like I'm stupid or anything... I just have no ability at those things at all.

aye i got stuck there also. couldnt have been arsed really trying cause the game waws pissin me off. have tekken 5, mario ds, monkey ball 2 and metroid fusion instead of it along with all the other games i havnt finished :rolleyes:

Deadwing wrote:
    hey hey everyone knows kirby and i are the hottest item since tom and nicole! :D

at least in my fantasies we are.. :(

lol...

*flutters eyelids @ kirby* oh you!
    lol..okay ill stop now :D

deadwing reminds me of napolean dynamites brother.... "youre just jealous because ive been talking to babes online AALLLLL day" ;)

• Advertisement

"youre just jealous because ive been talking to babes online AALLLLL day"
    So have you now, evad? :p

Dont listen to him, hes jsut jealous cause IVE been talkin to babes online alll day..lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

None of this is helping me with my sliding block puzzle system.

Does anyone have a system they'd care to share with me?

I'll never find out how D was murdered at this rate....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm great at sliding block puzzles. In fact I enjoy them. Why? Because I'm just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Deadwing wrote:
    Dont listen to him, hes jsut jealous cause IVE been talkin to babes online alll day..lol :D
    a249_003.jpg

rofl!!!

my secret shame :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

I too am starting to get bored of it. Think I'll be exchanging it for Astro Boy: Omega Factor and Advance Guardian Heroes.
    OMFG! A girl. Talking about Atomic Boy:OF. ****ing hell I just came:D

That's one of the best games ever made! But I thought girls like ponies and stuff, no?

lol :)
    Astro Boy's a fantastic game. And it's down to 14.99 in the GAME sale from tomorrow... so none of you have any excuse! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Astroboy is absolutely brilliant. Loved all the hidden secrets in it, and the storyline was very f**ked up! :)

Kirby - have you got Kirby Canvas Curse for the DS yet? Got it yesterday from Play-Asia, and its bloody genius....

Advertisement