Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results...got em?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

oh Pet thats so cute, what colours are they?

here's mine but shes about 11 years old! she likes to wear gold at Christmas but this is her casual wear! do you have any photos (or anyone else got any pets?)?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Two cats here; one is half-way between kitten and cat :)

A kitkat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Myth wrote:
    A kitkat?
    I dont know whether to laugh or cringe.

I've two dogs, a 14 year old incontinant deaf springer spaniel with arthritic hips who loves to bark.. And a psycho hyper 4y/o mostly german shephard who up till recently had this nasty habit of chewing EVERYthing.

Ya gotta be a dog lover..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I dont know whether to laugh or cringe.

Throw stuff. It's easier and will last in your memory longer.

• Advertisement

german shephard's are reallly scarey when they bark! they make good guard dogs though. i saw a rottweiler yesterday, it didnt have a muzzle on or anything, those dogs have very powerful jaws that can crush bones, i wouldnt fancy being chased by one of those either...

are german shephards the same breed of dog as alsatians?

indioAG_T.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    are german shephards the same breed of dog as alsatians?
    Yeah at least as far as I know, mine (chino) isn't quite as big or hairy as those guys, I think he has a bit of whippet in him, has that sleek greyhound shape and speed goin for him.

Edit: Hey I found a whippet/alsatian mix on the internet and it looks a hell of a lot like chino: MIXRoo1.jpg

he's really cute, looks like a fluffy doberman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I PASSED!!!!!!!! Yippppeeeee! Finally, i am finished with SF science. :D

I got the results yesterday, and i've only just got home now from celebrating.

This pass was brought about with:

-jaffa cakes
    -occasional, stress relieving viewing of Celebrity Love Island (watching them twitter away gave me faith in my intelligence. also, the blue seas/white beaches thing was relaxing to watch)
    -a disgusting amount of time spent on boards complaining about exams (thanks boardsies crew!)
    -caffeine and nicotine
    -the patience of my friends, most of whom having started college with me are now graduates with jobs in the real world, and the ones still in college who were very generous about taking out books for me from the library (i was off books).
    -the local chinese and indian takeaways
    -a big pile of past exam papers and notes (most of which are now going to be going to recycling heaven).
    -frozen pizzas
    -smoothies from the new place in Rathmines Shopping Centre
    -and.....the dust and hair balls in my flat.

:D:D:D:D:D

and i hope the indulgence isnt going to stop there, well done Cuckoo!

btw i live near you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

cuckoo wrote:
    I PASSED!!!!!!!!
    phew. good to hear.

Got mine, II.2 overall. Yay! No repeats!

well done Myth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

I got a II.2 overall! cant believe it! all those prepartion days in the pav must have paid off!

well done TheIcemaker! what year you going into? secound year is it!? good luck with that..!:)

Myth wrote:
    Got mine, II.2 overall. Yay! No repeats!
    good to hear, I knew you'd do it.

Yeah! I acually can't believe it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm now living in the II.1 gang.

Delighted with that result tbh, as I was sick for the exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Happy with mine. II.2 and I did sfa all year (being JF BESS and all, work doesn't really enter the equation.) Now that there's no repeats to worry about, roll on interrailing!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo, magic carpets all around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

Got a I and II-2...absolutely thrilled. was convinced i failed. am dying with a hangover today tho....my head...

• Advertisement

well done Claireoby, doing anything to celebrate?

im heading to scotland to celebrate (just finished work placement and got results), my friends are introducing me to some scotsmen so should be good fun!;)

anyone else any hols planned?

Where are you heading to in Scotland? My best friend goes to college in Aberdeen, i was over there at easter. hmmmm...scottish accents... ;) good memories.

well after havin consumed maybe one too many pints last nite, have decided to lay low this week, but am going on hols to galway nxt wk. with the family...so no pullin for me!!

with the family...so no pullin for me!!

nonsense.

nonsense.

mmmm...mayb...but prob not...i wont say impossible, but hard. :D

claireoby wrote:
    Where are you heading to in Scotland? My best friend goes to college in Aberdeen, i was over there at easter. hmmmm...scottish accents... ;) good memories.

well after havin consumed maybe one too many pints last nite, have decided to lay low this week, but am going on hols to galway nxt wk. with the family...so no pullin for me!!

Edinburgh, yeh i love Scottish accents! ;) , hopefully ill see some highlanders in kilts :D ! i think wer'e better then them at rugby though, didnt we beat them in the 6 nations?
    is there any nice native scottish drinks like guinness i could try? preferably not a liquor or i won't be able to walk! what's haggis btw?

Hey, kinda off the topic, but what date do we actuallly start back in oct? Can ewe register online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

Hey, kinda off the topic, but what date do we actuallly start back in oct? Can ewe register online?

Fresher's Week starts the 3rd of October, so classes for most courses begin 10th October.
    And no, there's no online registration. You have to go down to the exam hall and get your shiny new student card (wonder what colour it's going to be next year...)

Hopefully not the mingin orange one like this year...I'm predicting green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

Well it was blue last year and green the year before (or possibly the other way around)... I'd say probably red or yellow for next year. Or maybe purple. That would be cool..

• Advertisement

maybe pink!

Advertisement