Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results...got em?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

rsynnott wrote:
    But on the other hand, computer science gets a BA(Mod), as do maths and theoretical physics. Law doesn't.

Whoops, sorry, I think you're right. The B.Sc. (Comp.) seems to be for evening courses only, which would make sense - presumably they're more vocationally oriented than the regular course. I guess computer science, maths and TP don't give you as specific a training for one career as, say, nursing or engineering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

article6 wrote:
    Whoops, sorry, I think you're right. The B.Sc. (Comp.) seems to be for evening courses only, which would make sense - presumably they're more vocationally oriented than the regular course. I guess computer science, maths and TP don't give you as specific a training for one career as, say, nursing or engineering.

That's correct, the B.Sc one is an evening course. The BA(Mod) one is the normal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

got a high II.I (on average) when i thought i was going to fail at least one of my 8 exams

suppose it should make being crippled for the summer a bit less of a bummer (hehe i rimed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I only failed 2 exams, Maths and Linguistics.

I was expecting worse.

Bring on the supplementals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

got a high II.I (on average) when i thought i was going to fail at least one of my 8 exams

suppose it should make being crippled for the summer a bit less of a bummer (hehe i rimed)
    Well done. Now focus on being reasonable when Ninja booting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I only failed 2 exams, Maths and Linguistics.

I was expecting worse.

Bring on the supplementals.

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

I got a I. How'd that happen? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

It's cos you're one of those swots in denial..

i really hate the person who's done a lot of work, goes to lectures, pays attention, is intelligent and then comes to exams and says "JEZZ OMG! I'm so FOKED! I'm SO noT goiNG TO PASS!"

saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

i really hate the person who's done a lot of work, goes to lectures, pays attention, is intelligent and then comes to exams and says "JEZZ OMG! I'm so FOKED! I'm SO noT goiNG TO PASS!"
    Yeah kev, you and me both..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

saps.
    I spent most of the year in LG12. I found out the morning of one of my exams there was an entire section we'd covered that I thought we didn't. I got the book for another course 3 hours before the exam. All that and I was working in the SU shop instead of studying :P

my post wasn't aimed at you directly shov'la. but if you think it applies, you know better than me.

any way it's usually the girls that panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

saps.
    so so true, they say this after years having never failed and you've had repeats every year..... its just bollix..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Stop changing your damn name!!

(been watching firefly recently?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

crash_000 wrote:
    Stop changing your damn name!!

(been watching firefly recently?)
    yeah i had a marathon of the entire series in a day the other week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

heheh i did that too - damn i wish it hadnt been cancelled :/

you guys should do more sports.

you guys should do more sports.

Yuk.

not a sporting man synott?

not a sporting man synott?

I'm a computer science student, and I'm gay. It would be an amazing violation of stereotype if I was :)

• Advertisement

imagine what you could do for nerd-gay rights in trinity if you got a pink

( a pink is a sports scholarship )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭dublinguy2004

imagine what you could do for nerd-gay rights in trinity if you got a pink

( a pink is a sports scholarship )

You'll find that pinks is not a sport scholarship. The University Colours here are pink (Oxford and Cambridge being blue) and are awarded to those who excel in sport whilst at Trinity, although in recent years pinks have been awarded willy nilly to lots of people who in my opinion are unworthy but this is another debate altogether.
    The colour pink arises as it was the racing colour of Queen Elizabeth and has absolutely nothing got to do with gays. Schools such as Abingdon also share Queen Elizabeth's racing colour.
    Good explanation of the university colours: http://www.tcd.ie/Clubs/Boat/pinks.php

The colour pink arises as it was the racing colour of Queen Elizabeth and has absolutely nothing got to do with gays.

He never said it did; it was a joke, as I understand it.

it t'was. but in fiarness, calling a pink a sports scholarship is hardly a million miles off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I know it's a bit late... but I'm thrilled with my results!! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Passed I Guessed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Yep!! Shock to both you and me Joe!

We didn't get a breakdown of results which was a bit annoying, just said pass/fail etc. We get feedback when we go back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

:(
    Myth wrote:
    Make sure to ask a mate to check up on the timetable when it comes out, cos you won't be able to view it! Or just send me an email after july, I'll go get a quick look and tell you non-bindingly when you're on, if you're on. Most of the repeat exams don't start the 13th anyways.

The PM has been sent..... :(

wayfarer - fall down on a subject or two in the exams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

Yeah, 2. Im not that suprised but I was still hoping that I could scrape a compensation. It wasnt to be though.

Advertisement