Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's going on here...

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Emily, you're going back this year? I thought you finished last year, I dunno why

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Well I turn 17 four days into session 2, so last year probably should've been my last. I guess they were feeling nice and let me come back.

Oh Lord, I'll be so old!

Well now you'll know how feckin ancient I felt in Archaeology! What course you gonna be doing?

Ah, but you know you loved that class! How could you not, what with the tampon-shooting and general Ashley-related oddness...

I'm doing Speculative Fiction. I'm hoping it'll be cool and not full of ridiculously talented people who'll overshadow those of us unable to write (aka me.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

woo! i can't write either! someone else like me...
    im hoping this class will be people wanting to learn how to write, not just be fantastic at it...but wehey! ctyi!

• Advertisement

Oh my god, the tampon-shooting... I'd forgotten about that, I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard when I read that! When does session 2 even start? I might drop in if I get the chance

doonothing wrote:
    woo! i can't write either! someone else like me...
    im hoping this class will be people wanting to learn how to write, not just be fantastic at it...but wehey! ctyi!
    Wootage! So I assume I'll see you there in EIGHT DAYS OMGZ (that piece of incoherence may answer your question, Ailbhe.) If all else fails we'll start a 'We Can't Write!' club in the corner of the classroom whilst everyone else goes about being talented :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jesus, eight days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Seven, and half an hour.

:D

[Samara]Sssseven Dayssss[/Samara]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Chowburger wrote:
    Wootage! So I assume I'll see you there in EIGHT DAYS OMGZ (that piece of incoherence may answer your question, Ailbhe.) If all else fails we'll start a 'We Can't Write!' club in the corner of the classroom whilst everyone else goes about being talented :D

oooh, can I join the club? I like writing, but I'm awful at it! :)

Yes! I'm a whole lot less scared of this course now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

The excitement only hit me yesterday in Blanchardstown visiting people. Ah, wandering around with orange post-its on each breast, one saying 'Boobs' with the 's' crossed out and the other saying 'other boob'. I would say I'm going to miss the place but I'm in denial about how I'm going to bear the esteemed and upsetting title of 'nevermore' in less than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

ahhhhhhhh!! everthings flooding back...the joys of ctyi!
    and yay! another one of them *worst. student. ever.* clubs!
    in international history, me and deirdre just sat at the back absolutely clueless about what was going on.... good times
    whoa so excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i am completely dreading packing. in the past year, my wardrobe has doubled and i can't remember what sort of clothes to bring. i keep looking at things and thinking 'nope, can't wear that, it's inappropriate', like people were told last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Ah you all enjoy it. a lot. Ok. My last year sucked the major cock. SO make up for it. As i won't be around to abuse you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

i am completely dreading packing. in the past year, my wardrobe has doubled and i can't remember what sort of clothes to bring. i keep looking at things and thinking 'nope, can't wear that, it's inappropriate', like people were told last year.
    Who told them that?

i keep looking at things and thinking 'nope, can't wear that, it's inappropriate', like people were told last year.
    You're not allowed wear inappropriate stuff anymore? WHAT?! What is their definition of inappropriate?

Piste wrote:
    [Samara]Sssseven Dayssss[/Samara]
    "Jenny, if you don't stop that I'm going to kill you!"

Ah, the memories... :D I make a damn good possessed child!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

doonothing wrote:
    anyone remember the thread from last year, i think it was called "its oh so close"... it was started a good few weeks before ctyi, and everyone (myself included) were insanely excited and used that thread to vent said excitement.

i started that thread last year, and i really wish i hadnt, not because i made a fool out of myself, but because sess 2 got hyped out of its existance, and then failed till live up to expectation. it wasnt that sess2 was bad, just that we created this idealised picture of exactly what we all wanted it to be and it wasnt like that in the end.

personally, i dont think the lack of an "it oh so close" thread is a sign that people think ctyi is boring, or that they have become lack lustre,rather alot of people left ctyi last year, so there may possibly be fewer nevermores on the boards building up the whole thing. also the regulars on these boards tend to see each other alot so theres no need to have a thread to build up ctyi antcipation, they see each other in person instead.

• Advertisement

JenLorigan wrote:

Ah, the memories... :D I make a damn good possessed child!

That you do dear. Do you still have the night-gown? You could go as Sadako/Samara for one of the Discos.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

one of the RAs last year told Aisling (whose second name i can't remember) that her pretty, kind-of 1940s, not at all revealing or slutty dress was inappropriate. mad, i know.

Piste wrote:
    That you do dear. Do you still have the night-gown? You could go as Sadako/Samara for one of the Discos.....
    Yeah, but I'm going to try and find a better one. I'ma hide somewhre dark and jump out at people :) And it's Sadako, dammit!

But the Japanese girl doesn't say ''Seven Days'' in English now does she? And you do, so until you learn Japanese you are Samara!

Very well. I think my brother knows Japanese.

Shichi nichi!
    I think.
    Should know, I'm taking the bloody subject for my Leaving Cert...

Might be harder to make that sound creepy... I'll work on it.

Spent today searching for a suitable nightdress/huge Tshirt to no avail... :(

Yeah, come to think of it, hissing that at people would probably cause peals of laughter as opposed to squeals of terror...

Nono, she can make it aound creepy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Or even better, do the grudge. The clicky noise is easy to make, but it may difficult to bend your elbows the wrong way.

Advertisement