Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's going on here...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

But the Grudge was, well, utter crap.

...Says she who couldn't sleep for two days after watching it...

But still,The Ring was at least a thousand times scarier.

I haven't actually seen The Ring. Only Ringu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

but JU-ON was *screams girlishly* very very scary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Maybe you could go as Cousin It, from The Addams Family. It's basically the same.

• Advertisement

Don't wanna. Though a suitable dress thing is difficult to come across. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

there's always the DIY approach..... very authentic looking with a bit of thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

trois jours..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nono, It's Wednesday today so that's 4 days till ctyi...

jono087 wrote:
    there's always the DIY approach..... very authentic looking with a bit of thought!
    My sister has also suggested I live in a well for a week.

How did this discussion start again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

doonothing wrote:
    anyone remember the thread from last year, i think it was called "its oh so close"... it was started a good few weeks before ctyi, and everyone (myself included) were insanely excited and used that thread to vent said excitement.

why does no one seem all that excited for this year? last year we rambled incessantly for weeks, nay, months in advance, session 1 has already started, whats with the lack of enthusiasm? are people just bored with ctyi? has it lost its magic? or was last year just really not that great?
    With this apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

I don't think she wanted the actual post which originated this convo.....

and by the by, i suggest asking dermo for some tips on living rough, what with him being the most hobotastic hobo that ever roamed the streets of DCU campus.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Grudge as in japanese grudge. not scary, and even in bits stupid as hell, but the actual ghost-thingy is kinda cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Piste wrote:
    Nono, It's Wednesday today so that's 4 days till ctyi...

God! You're all makeing me feel even more depressed than I am already. It's all over for me until next summer! I miss everything so much already and I've only been gone for a couple of hours.

*Goes of into a corner to cry*

I went shopping today with mi padre and bought stuff for ctyi: Razor, shower gel, toothbrush (manual, not electric), toothpaste, hair mousse, pop tarts (POP TARTS!), cranberry juice. I've started packing too. I spent most of yesterday washing and ironing clothes and I made a list (God, I love lists) of everything I'll need for ctyi.

In a way I don't want sunday to come around, it's almost as if I feel the excitement and build up to ctyi will lead to a dissappointment, like I've glorified ctyi in my head over the last year...but then again, in another, more accurate way, I can't wait!

I also need to get Jaffa Cakes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

You've only started packing? I was finished yesterday! For shame!

I'll probably pack tomorrow, or Sunday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Piste wrote:
    I went shopping today with mi padre and bought stuff for ctyi: Razor, shower gel, toothbrush (manual, not electric), toothpaste, hair mousse, pop tarts (POP TARTS!), cranberry juice. I've started packing too. I spent most of yesterday washing and ironing clothes and I made a list (God, I love lists) of everything I'll need for ctyi.

In a way I don't want sunday to come around, it's almost as if I feel the excitement and build up to ctyi will lead to a dissappointment, like I've glorified ctyi in my head over the last year...but then again, in another, more accurate way, I can't wait!

I also need to get Jaffa Cakes....

I'm getting stuff tomorrow, and oyu just copy/pasted that from your blog, ya lazy biatch! :p

lol :p couldn't be arsed writing out something proper :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Went shopping today, Instant noodles, mini muffins and cola, with chocolate for RA bribing.

Will pack my clothes bag tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I went shopping for clothes to pack earlier. CTYI always highlights the fact that I own barely anything that even comes close to resembling clothing...

Food shopping tomorrow - infinitely more fun! My shopping list consists of: POP TARTS!

*Thwacks Aonghus* Pop Tarts you fool! The national currency of the Republic of CTYI!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've been shopping for clothes all week. Shall probably do food tomorrow. Much instant noodles required. And fruit. And then packing/realising stuff needs to be washed/found, then freaking out.
    Ah, the joys of packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

gosh, all my packing clothes are all over my room, i'll probably never fit everything into some kind of transportable bag. don't be surprised if i turn up on sunday wearing 8 pairs of jeans, 7 tops and three jumpers.
    the only food i'm planning on bringing are green tea bags. completely addicted. and vitamins, to avoid the disgusting colds i get every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*Thwacks Aonghus* Pop Tarts you fool! The national currency of the Republic of CTYI!
    Meh, I always have them left over. Doesnae matter to me, I can trade other things for pop tarts if i need them

YOU HAD LEFTOVER POP TARTS YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME?!

There'll be words about this buddy....

I ate half my poptarts today:(.....They'd better sell them at Eurospar...'cos if they don't....*shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

the foodstuff of which i have the most copious amounts is crunchy nut feast. not regular crunchy nut, nono, crunchy nut feast. sooo good, got me through my jc. ill be buying at least 4boxes...must remember a bowl, too...

Mmm, Crunchy Nut... If I could, I'd buy six boxes of the Nutty stuff to bring with me, simply in order to eat the little caramel-peanut yokes.
    *Homer Simpson drooling noises*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Chowburger wrote:
    Mmm, Crunchy Nut... If I could, I'd buy six boxes of the Nutty stuff to bring with me, simply in order to eat the little caramel-peanut yokes.
    *Homer Simpson drooling noises*

snap! actually, methinks I'll bring some with me. :D Dont worry, I'll share. *nods*

Advertisement