Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights EL Action

• 24-06-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Waterford Utd   2-4 Shelbourne 

Cork City       0-0 Longford Town                                

St Pat's Ath    0-2 Drogheda Utd  

Shamrock Rovers 1-4 Finn Harps  

UCD             3-2 Bray Wanderers 

Athlone Town    0-2 Kildare County

Some interesting results there, particularly at the top and bottom! Good results from Shels POV, worrying for Cork in the sense that they had about 3,000 shots and next to nothing on target. Gap down to 6 points.

Poor, poor, Rovers. :( Really sad to see. McCourt sent off in his Rovers farewell.

Apparently Pats dominated their game from start to finish, and were very unlucky, but fair play to Drogheda, soaked up the pressure and nabbed 3 points!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »

Apparently Pats dominated their game from start to finish, and were very unlucky, but fair play to Drogheda, soaked up the pressure and nabbed 3 points!

Bugger :(

Thank god its Bf2 day.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaC wrote:
    Bugger :(

Thank god its Bf2 day.

kdjac
    :D BOOM!

:D BOOM!

1st win in 7 then ?

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    1st win in 7 then ?

kdjac
    I was actually doing my BF2 impression! :D;)

I was actually doing my BF2 impression! :D;)

Ah right not Basil Brush , stupid beer.........

Played well but 2 stupid mistakes at the back, why the hell doesnt he play Quigley in a holdin mid role, Caffrey a sunshine player ffs.

Sad feeling Fahey next to leave :(

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Waterford Utd 2-4 Shelbourne

Olé :D:D

great result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City had only 1 proper chance in the whole game. We had constant pressure the 2nd half from which we got a number of dead ball situations around their box and we didnt trouble their goal with any of them. Oh I wish we had Andy Myler for our free-kicks. :o

Longford suprised me because they usually don't play the ball on the ground when they play us. They were excellent in the 1st half. There cause was helped by the sun being in the Cork defenders eyes. However in the 2nd half Longford returned to type and went back into their shell.

The star of the night was undoubtably "Digger" O'Brien the Longford keeper. I think it was his last match in front of the Shed and he kept us entertained for the full 2nd half. :) He did the "Can-Can" and the "Hokey Kokey". He stopped short of doing a ballet impression.

"My garden knome, is bigger than you. He's got a hat and a beard, my garden Knome is bigger than you" :D

What a Legend!

The star of the night was undoubtably "Digger" O'Brien the Longford keeper.
    What a Legend!

That guy is a legend , lives in Inchicore but for one reason or another never played for us. Damn good keeper one day he ours, come home steo you know it mocks sense.......

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    Caffrey a sunshine player ffs.

kdjac

More a crap player. Always thought he was very over rated at Bohs and was never actually sure what it was he was supposed to be good at, no skill or creativity going forward and not a great tackler either. He was carried by Hunt for years who at his best even made a poor centre half, Heary, look a good mid fielder, and a better one than Caffrey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Poor, poor, Rovers. :( Really sad to see. McCourt sent off in his Rovers farewell.

Hello EnDai! :)

Personally I don't feel sorry for Rovers at all. I hope they go down for the good of Irish football but McCourt leaving Rovers? I don't know anything of that. Is it true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh whaaaa whaaaa haaaa Waterford 2 Shels 4 :D

The beginning of Shelbourne's 3rd successive eL title!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I dont know about that Zane, early days yet. The team is still a bit of a mess.

I hope its just a sign that the team has turned a corner and will really start to gel now that we know who we are playing for the 1st round Champions League.

Slash/ED wrote:
    More a crap player. Always thought he was very over rated at Bohs and was never actually sure what it was he was supposed to be good at, no skill or creativity going forward and not a great tackler either. He was carried by Hunt for years who at his best even made a poor centre half, Heary, look a good mid fielder, and a better one than Caffrey.

Be great if we could play Bohs every week, hes deadly vs them :rolleyes:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

yeah zane,mccourts off to motherwell apparently

he'll be sorely missed in the league imo.He's a cut above the rest..

dan

Hello EnDai! :)

Personally I don't feel sorry for Rovers at all. I hope they go down for the good of Irish football but McCourt leaving Rovers? I don't know anything of that. Is it true?
    ;) Hi.

He's off to Motherwell AFAIK. And Jason Gavin to Hartlepool. McCourt will be a big loss.

Rovers are probably Irelands most famous/well known/successfull team, and it will be a sad day when they get relegated - though relegation may in fact save them, they don't deserve to be in the Premier Divison after the way they cheated to survive last year, but I will still be sad to see them go down! With the rumours of complete liquidation and possible clousre of the club, I can only hope that relegation is what happens to them - wages will not be so high, and they can have a season or two to try to regroup and form a strong basis for once again becoming a top club (similar to Leeds Utd's current plan me thinks).

if they can last till the council finsihes the ground they be fine, just means div 1 for a bit keep costs down. Then maybe they can get through it.

Will miss them :D

kdjac

Advertisement