Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another suggestion

Options
  • 03-04-2001 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

This one mightn't be feasible, but hear me out anyway...

It would be great to have some way of keeping a tab on topics that you're interested in. Each topic could have a 'track this topic' link or some such thing, and then each time you come to the boards you could get a list of the topics that you have flagged, with possibly some indication of whether there's been a new post since you last looked at that topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

yet another brilliant idea.

also, if this were put in, could you have a login from the main page. i read the boards @ college and i get logged out every time i close the browser. it would be awkward to have to post to log-in, to see the "list of the topics that you have flagged".

can this be done??

-ciaran
    ciaran@ieatcatsforfun.com
    smoke-me-a-kipper@ihateclowns.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 03-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I dunno, I have a headache after adding those mods today (stars, online, memberlist) so I'll think on the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

A cool thing ive seen in other types of bb's is subscribe to thread feature,w hich sends you pm's with each persons replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

heheh I didn't mean right now, just something to think about for the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm login on the main page would allow people to show up on the "whos online" page as well if they aren't on their home computer.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    A cool thing ive seen in other types of bb's is subscribe to thread feature,w hich sends you pm's with each persons replies..</font>

the boards has got that... except it sends you an e-mail.

-ciaran
    ciaran@ieatcatsforfun.com
    smoke-me-a-kipper@ihateclowns.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Yes but who wants 10 - 30 new emails for one topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

there seems to be a slow move from a boards type setup to an IRC type setup suggested here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    the boards has got that... except it sends you an e-mail.

</font>

ye but, not if you post on a topic u didnt create.. say u r interested in buyin sumthin and you ask bout it and want to know if sum1 replyed 2 u, u hav 2 look at the post

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucifer.POD:
    ye but, not if you post on a topic u didnt create.. say u r interested in buyin sumthin and you ask bout it and want to know if sum1 replyed 2 u, u hav 2 look at the post

</font>
    didn't think of that tongue.gif

- Ciaran

Grandpa Joe!! I found the fifth golden ticket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by astrofool:
    there seems to be a slow move from a boards type setup to an IRC type setup suggested here</font>

nobody mentions IRC til you?

WhiteLancer ... meant ... PM over boards ...

Jeeze how the hell would they pm you over IRC ... talk about a long winded hack

Advertisement