Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs and Chelsea agree deal re. Arnensen

• 24-06-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Joint Press Statement - Tottenham Hotspur FC and Chelsea FC

[London, Friday 24 June 2005] Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and Chelsea Football Club today announced that they have reached agreement in principle regarding Frank Arnesen. Formal documentation is to be signed by 30 June 2005.

The terms are confidential and will not be disclosed.

Must be all financial, they could hardly hide any transfers, could they? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Huth and Johnson....
    The terms are confidential and will not be disclosed.

So we'll sign them, but tell no one? We was had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

So we'll sign them, but tell no one? We was had!

Maybe they'll have some surgery and a name change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I heard that they are allowed speak about the deal after the 30th or something, dont know if its true though. Possibly because of contracts?! If anyone comes to us, i damn sure hope its Kezman...

Cianan2 wrote:
    I heard that they are allowed speak about the deal after the 30th or something, dont know if its true though. Possibly because of contracts?! If anyone comes to us, i damn sure hope its Kezman...

As a PLC, I'm told the money will have to appear in the accounts released to the stock exchange at come point, so we'll know eventually.

The rumour mill has been churning furiously, one I've heard is £5 million/Judas on gardening leave until September/ban on Chavsea signing any Spurs players for two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 2 players were mentioned on the radio.. must have been speculation so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Defoe,
    King,
    Robinson

All those players could push for a Chelsea spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:
    Defoe,
    King,
    Robinson

defoe possible, only cos thats chelseas weakest area. the other 2 would be subs most of the time.

PHB wrote:
    Defoe,
    King,
    Robinson

And all three could be transfer targets for other clubs pushing for the PL (Arsenal and ManYoo), so signing any of them would make sense for Chelsea. Weaken us, and deny the other two in one fell swoop.

Also, Frank Iscariot was responsible for most of our young purchases, so if he rates players like Ziegler, Dawson or Huddlestone highly enough (as ones for the future) he'd be likely to take a shot at signing them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement