Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerful Stuff : Anybody got any Ideas?

• 25-06-2005 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my hands on an educational video called "Powerful Stuff". It was made in England in the 1980's and was shown in schools in Ireland and England. Basically it shows the dangers of electricity cables etc. with a series of accidents. Where would I be able to get my hands on a copy.

It has 2 well known songs on it

Yesterdays Men : By Madness
    The Heat is On

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If it's the one I'm thinking of then I can't help you. :o

What a video though! It truely was Powerful Stuff. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I remember that. Try googling the name. Also try the ESB. They might be able to put in in tocuh with the production company or might have copies lying around. Or try Department of education...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Try phoning some local schools I remember this video myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is that the one where the kid throws his frisbee into a power stations lines and then decides it'd be a good idea to hop in there and get it? Oooh, I'd like that clip! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its thee one ownne where electricity JUMPS!!!!!!!!!!! and there are fishing poles and stufdff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    its thee one ownne where electricity JUMPS!!!!!!!!!!! and there are fishing poles and stufdff

Yes. Electricity Jumps Gaps. :D

A young fella dies in the end in his effort to rescue a burst soccer ball.

Advertisement