Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vega and Hairy Joe 12-clicked

Options
  • 17-04-2001 5:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Moderators please be extra vigilante to snip posts that are just spam. Report repeated spammers to admins and we'll ban their asses.

Theres too much crap getting posted lately, lets stamp it out.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Have to agree with u there Dev. There is a whole lot of Sh!te being posted here l8ly and as Monty posted recently this has increased since the trolls board was added. Seems like a load of Newbies are just spam posting. The only qusetion I have is it regualar Boards.ie user using other accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ahh the joys of moderating a board where the only topic of conversation is eircom wink.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

they were giving me some greef in the games forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Also it would be better (I assume) for moderators if a thread is completly ridiculous to just move it directly to Trolls.. thus avoiding creating a closed copy in the current board (and saving disk space).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

I think it's not newbies, it's double accounts.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Trolls = /dev/null

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Can the ability to post new topics and/or reply to threads in Trolls be removed?

Dsicourage people prolonging spam wars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

is that not the point of a trolls board?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

New Topic was disabled a while ago methinks, but it would be handy if there were some way to stop posts on the Trolls board contributing to someone's post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    New Topic was disabled a while ago methinks, but it would be handy if there were some way to stop posts on the Trolls board contributing to someone's post count.</font>
    don't think this is possible, as people have been asking for this ages.

besides, then pe0ns would spam other boards to get their post counts up. just ignore post counts (and that coming from me, huh? tongue.gif )

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

just about every post after Dev's counts as spam @:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    then pe0ns would spam other boards to get their post counts up. just ignore post counts
    [/B]</font>

They already do....thats the problem, it invites more spammers that think they can get away with that sort of thing on any board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

You have to admit though, some of the spam is funny. I dont mean the multiple posts spam, but stuff like knackers posts. I dont even know if knacker is a regular boards.ie user also, but some of his posts were hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Knacker = zero/
    Know why more spam?
    Someone spams a thread in games.
    Thread is moved to trolls.
    Spammer does nothing.
    Spammer is happy and sees if he spams anywhere, kind Mod's move it trolls for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

how about you just delete the spammers post and give him a warning, if he continues just delete the a/c

Advertisement