Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Bull Air Race

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Did anyone have any spare tickets in the end??
    Me wants to go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bit sad aint it!!

Very, I managed to get 2 VIP tickets and they're like the normal ones only for you don't have your name on iti. It's a pretty pathetic photoshop attempt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

kensutz wrote:
    Very, I managed to get 2 VIP tickets and they're like the normal ones only for you don't have your name on iti. It's a pretty pathetic photoshop attempt
    Yeah and it wasnt even good photoshopping, we should sendhim to CulT for some lessons!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

zefer wrote:
    Did anyone have any spare tickets in the end??
    Me wants to go :(
    Try the wanted tickets forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

kensutz wrote:

Funny, my VIP passes are laminated, have different graphics and pictures on them and are a different shape to the ordinary ones. :confused:

@Zefer: I have a pair of ordinary tickets going spare (free, of course) if you want them. Send me a PM.

BTW, anyone with a pilot's licence can get in with a guest by producing it at the gate. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ahh man im working in cashel at the monent is ****ing class all the planes doing 360 turns, bomb diving ,flying backwards and all the planes flying in a triangle shape

sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Haket wrote:
    Which side of the rock is the route ?, I'd guess its to the north-east over the abbey etc ?. Are they closing off any roads around it ?

Its on the side coming into cashel via dublin road (think circus is normally there), looking at the rock from dublin direction the planes just fly past the left wall and then the course is over 5 fields below rock.

ROAD CLOSURE
    In the lead up to the event, a number of practice sessions will be held between Thursday 21 July and Saturday 23 July.
    To facilitate this, the following roads will be closed to traffic (except emergency service vehicles) as specified below:

Closures will take effect at the following points and following times:

Boherlahan to Cashel Road (R660) (cross of the four roads):
    All traffic will be diverted to Ardmayle village or through Synone onto N8.

Ardmayle village to Cashel Road (L1302):
    All traffic will be diverted to Boherlahan village or onto Golden.

Dundrum to Cashel Road (R505) (from Macs Cross):
    All traffic will be diverted south to Golden via Ballygriffin or to Ardmayle village.

Junction at Camas Bridge (R505):
    Traffic will be turned back to Macs cross.

Closure times:
    Thursday, July 21: 10:00 - 12:30
    Friday, July 22: 13:30 - 17:30
    Saturday, July 23: 14:00 - 17:00
    Sunday, July 24: 11:00 - 17:30

Signage is currently in place at each of these junctions giving details of road closures.

Further to above, no traffic will be allowed out the Camas Road and there will be a barrier at the junction with Golden Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone have links to campsites/hostels in Cashel town, Ive tried a few campsites and they are charging loads and with a minimum of 2 nights? Typical rip off ireland.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 soloko

Hi all,
    I am in dublin and have 2 tickets spare..for free of course. would need to be picked up am leaving for cashel myself at 9.30 am..
    Just wanted someone to have them.
    PM me or email :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thats sound of ya (albiet a bit late :D), remember to bring your wet gear with ya as 90% chance of showers (was rainly lightly today) plus you'll be standing out in the field without shelter!

nice vid of same gates of course: (open in media player) mms://a500.m.akastream.net/7/500/12532/v0001/redbullgmb.download.akamai.com/9472/airrace/04_rock_of_cashel/clip03_2.wmv

(21 seconds in look for gold/beige jeep in bottom left corner... thats me :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

So the weather is so bad there that they cannot procede with todays racing! What will happen now? TV3 will broadcast it in an hour if it clears up but doesnt look good as the landing strip is waterlogged:( Will it be rescheduled with new tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

any1 know if it went ahead or not??
    Was wondering why it wasnt on the tv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It went ahead with 7 racers (could be 6) only racing one round. Peter Besenyi won it and it would've been nicer had the weather held up and got a full days entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

although you cant blame the organisers for the weather, the traffic beforehand was the worst i have EVER been in in Ireland - spent 3 hours in a tailback outside the venue. I took us 5 and a half hours to get there from Dublin, arrived and it was about 20 minutes long and then took us another 4 hours to get home. An hour of this being in the car park where 300+ cars were all trying to get out of a tiny space in a hedge - the stink of burning rubber was unbelievable. I saw two Gardai around the venue hearding cars out and another three or four at the roundabout a little way on. I think there must have been a good 30,000+ people there which is ridiculous for the amount of Gardai i saw. Also the ticket checkers were 10 year old girls (i am not messing) and there was no security. If you didnt have a ticket you could easily have walked past them. All in all incredibly disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

WOW is all i will say. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Balkie, get back to work. Loads of more gates to take down. Your work related injury is no excuse ;)
    I'm on site until wednesday/thursday.
    The show was a disaster. Should have been about 90min long, ended up about 15-20min.
    A fortune was spent on the show, pity it was wasted. The training flights were very good.
    Balkie, ya still jealous I got a spin around cashel in one of the planes :D The perks of being your boss on site, ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

We waited so long for some action that we decided to stay on for the podium celebrations. Only a few hundred stayed for that. Can't blame people for not staying for the bubbly squirting, but we had travelled so far and waited so long, that it was pointless leaving early with all the crowds.

For me it was worth it even for about 9 minutes of actual combined racing time. It is the closest we will ever get to Formula 1 in Ireland. It had that type of feel about it. It could have been a truly amazing show. Better than the F1 in Indy this year :)

Traffic on the way in from Cork was very bad. There was one fairly nasty accident where I think a car came unexpectedly to a tail back and did not brake in time.

Organisation was poor in terms of letting people know how to get a (non-existant) shuttle bus from the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

DC wrote:
    We waited so long for some action that we decided to stay on for the podium celebrations. Only a few hundred stayed for that. Can't blame people for not staying for the bubbly squirting, but we had travelled so far and waited so long, that it was pointless leaving early with all the crowds.

For me it was worth it even for about 9 minutes of actual combined racing time. It is the closest we will ever get to Formula 1 in Ireland. It had that type of feel about it. It could have been a truly amazing show. Better than the F1 in Indy this year :)

Traffic on the way in from Cork was very bad. There was one fairly nasty accident where I think a car came unexpectedly to a tail back and did not brake in time.

Organisation was poor in terms of letting people know how to get a (non-existant) shuttle bus from the fields.

I totally agree. I left Dublin at 930am, pick up a few people, got to the field at 330. Then it took 4 hours to get home. But as crazy as it sounds, I think it was worth it for the 9 minutes! It's a shame it wasn't better weather and we could have seen a bit more, but it's definitely given me a taste for it. Hopefully they'll be back, with a different venue (no offence to the people of Cashel, but it's not designed for 30,000 cars!) and a little better organisation all round.

Advertisement