Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices.

Options
  • 25-06-2005 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

im thinkin of gettin tattoo when im 18 and i just have a few questions

Do tattooists(??) charge extra if it is one you designed yourself?
    How much extra do they charge for colour?

Here is a rough sketch of what im thinkin about.
    Thanks for the help,and any other tips are welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mainly they charge depending on the time it'll take to do it...

They don't charge extra for one you've designed yourself because they basically just photocopy the picture and transfer it onto your skin, then tattoo over the lines that are drawn on your skin...

Colour doesn't make it cost more (well, it's not so much this price for this amount of colour, another price for another amount) but the time it'll take to do all the different colouring will make a difference...

Tbh only the tattoo artist/secretary can tell you how much it's going to cost so going into them would be your best bet...

My honest advice would be to think long and hard about that tattoo and not just go get it as soon as you turn 18 cos it'll be there for the rest of your life...

I've a tattoo I got as soon as I turned 18 that looking at now makes me shudder and I'll be getting it covered up with a design I'll think longer and harder than I did for the original one soon

The other tattoo I got was one I'd come up with about a year before getting it (not one I designed myself, a symbol I liked the story behind and a picture I really liked) so I put it off until I was totally sure I wanted it on my flesh until I die...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Thanks for the info.the tattoo means alot to me,but i'll definately be putting alot of thought into it.

Advertisement