Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Arrows Jet Crashes !

Options
  • 25-06-2005 9:24am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well it finally happened.
    I buried my BAe Hawk.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

This is what it used to look like ....

Somehow the aileron controls got reversed....I tried to turn right, and it went hard left and went in at about 80mph. :eek:

So now I'm looking for a new home for the "innards". They are all still perfectly OK of course. Time for something new :)
    Maybe an F-16 ..... mmmm Tornado ....
    Any other suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

That was elec ducted fan powered, Right?

Sorry to see that plane go down it looks great..
    Can you get a harrier cause they would be cool but also very compicated to setup..

Hakko

That was elec ducted fan powered, Right?Hakko
    "was" ... is the right word :)
    a harrier cause they would be cool but also very compicated to setup..Hakko
    I like the Harrier, VTOL is not feasible in that size, but the plane itself is super cool .... especially the anhedral wings (upside down Vee shape)

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Ultrafly's F 16 Jet I reackon.
    Me, got my first electic 2 weeks ago, F 27 styker, feel its a little under powered and flight times a little short. Thinking about upgrading to lipo.

• Advertisement

Aaah .... a leccie flier ..... welcome to models forum :)

I'm almost convinced on an F-16. But the Ultrafly one has one of those funny spinning thingies on the back ...... ;)
    This is the Wemotec F-16 which is more designed for what I have. (I have a brushless Kontronik and 10 GP2200s or 3S Kok3200s from the ex-BAe Hawk now. ) http://www.halair.com/video/wemotecf16.wmv

Smartfish is also tempting me, I don't know what power suits it yet, however the cost - ouch! http://www2.smartfish.ch/SmartFish/images/SmartFish_Design_10.wmv The guy who made my brushless motor flew one at Aspach, Germany last year. I only saw the still pics then but the video is better.

And just in time to make picking te new model even more difficult, a Voodoo came into my hands today. It's not a jet either! But incredible shape. Here it is ... it looks like greased lightning even while stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

:eek: wow! That smartfish is a real looker,i'd say it will cost a small fortune.
    The voodoo is nice also,who makes that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NitroCruiser

Cool,

The Fish is pretty futuristic design alright. Cool.

But I have to say the F-16 has always been one of my favourites.
    Where do you fly Coolwings. If it is somewhere near dublin I would like to go see you putting your next model through its paces be it fish, F-16 or the voodoo.

All cool

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Originally Posted by coolwings
    Aaah .... a leccie flier .....

More of an I.C Flyer, just got F 27 to see what electrics were like.

The Smartfish is nice, I see it can reach speeds of 200km, ull need a good colour scheme to see it at that speed.

Hi everyone,
    I reckon that deciding on a "next" model really has to be one of the most enjoyable modelling experiences. Thanx for the suggestions.

I decided it will be the Voodoo this time.
    Small, easily portable, should be blistering fast too :D
    I chose white colour scheme, with metallic orange tips, and metallic orange stripes underside of wings for hi-vis - which I think I'll need.
    Hakko, It's (EUR 159 ex Germany, + EUR38 freight, total EUR197) seems steep for such a small model, but you gotta see the Voodoo up close, it's a minature replica of an Ariane Mk 11 which would go for E1100 or more.
    Interesting point ... we got allocated two in the shop, & the "staff" have bought both of them ! But more will follow, they're being moulded this week.

Syl77
    U almost had me going for the F-16 (which I think is one of the sexiest aero designs ever), but I won't do it with this motor. (I reckon I will get a bigger one later on, to provide a 3rd use for my A-10 Tankbuster battery pack and the new Aero-Naut 120mm carbon fan )

I decided the Smartfish was out of my league for now. I spend too much of my income on models already, and doing it would stop me finishing something special that have been collecting components for during last 6 months.

NC
    I fly around (does that make me an aeromodelling slut? :p )
    Mostly on the slopes of Dublin mountains, a lot at Dublin Kestrel MFC off the Blessington Road at Brittas, and a couple of times a year at Phoenix & Curragh, & small lightweight leccies in Tymon Park.
    Most of the places we fly are free/easily accessible, so if U want to hookup...sure. Drop a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement