Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you spot?

• 25-06-2005 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

That when Eugene came into the house Kinga knew his name already! And Eugene knew Kingas, but when Orlaith came in, they all had to introduce themselves to each other...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They probably met in one of the audtion processes - last year Dan knew Becki's name because they both met at one of the later auditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah, that'd be it. For example last year Kitten and Victor were at the same roleplaying session and apparently didn't get on all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

BuffyBot wrote:
    ...last year Dan knew Becki's name....
    Who knew who's name? It's amazing how fast they drop of my radar once they're evicted and or the show ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I would guess at the auditions too.

Have you also noticed that there seems to be a few londoners there, even though they've two countries to choose from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mary and orlath make two irish people though

nooooooooooo. Mary may have Irish roots but she's living outside Ireland. And depending on who you're talking to, Orlaith could be from Ireland or from the United Kingdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Bamboozled wrote:
    ...Orlaith could be from Ireland or from the United Kingdom.
    She's from both. It's like Scottish people are from Scotland and the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bamboozled wrote:
    Have you also noticed that there seems to be a few londoners there, even though they've two countries to choose from?

Surely you mean 5 countries?

B.

No i meant two. they only hold auditions in the uk and here.
    just because they include others that are on permits doesnt mean they hold auditions outside of the two places mentioned.

• Advertisement

link

Big Brother will be visiting Edinburgh, Newcastle, Dublin, Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham and London from 5th February through to 6th March 2005

Well there's 4 countries anyway.

B.

They're cities. Arent they? unless you're referring to the individual parts that make up the UK? i dont know geography so i cant agree or disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The UK isn't a country.
    England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are the countries that make up the UK, then Ireland is included in BB too so that makes 5 countries.

Makaveli wrote:
    The UK isn't a country.
    England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are the countries that make up the UK, then Ireland is included in BB too so that makes 5 countries.

Thank you!! I really didn't think I'd have to spell it out.

B.

LIke i said, i dont know geography. but thanks for being so er.. patient and nice about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well Orla is from Northen Ireland, shes british! But i hate that accent anywho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Bamboozled wrote:
    LIke i said, i dont know geography. but thanks for being so er.. patient and nice about it.

Are you takin the Mick? How can you not know the difference between cities and countries?
    Thats nothin to do with Geography - thats cop-on pure and simple...and I pray, for your sake, that you're takin the piss here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Some seriously brainy people on this forum

I gave up on it after 6th class as I'd no interest and I dont travel outside of Ireland as a personal choice. So what if I'm different to most. I have plenty of cop-on actually, and no i'm not taking the piss.
    I really couldnt care less about where what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well Orla is from Northen Ireland, shes british!
    Tell her family that. I know plenty of people from the North that consider themselves Irish. Sports people like Eddie Irvine and Darren Clarke are Irish.

• Advertisement

See? this is what I didnt want to get started. People live where they live, they consider themselves whatever way THEY see themselves and whatever nationality. This is why i dont care where what is or where people are from. I base things on the individual people not where there from.

I obviously made a mistake posting the "few londoners there" post back in the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Well Orla is from Northen Ireland, shes british! But i hate that accent anywho

hate to be pedantic but Northern Ireland is actually a part of the United Kingdom, not Great Britain. making anyone from the 6 counties not British

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Mossy Monk wrote:
    hate to be pedantic but Northern Ireland is actually a part of the United Kingdom, not Great Britain. making anyone from the 6 counties not British

Was going to make that point myself. The Queen of Engerland 'erself is even careful to make the distinction and can often be heard refering to 'the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' in speeches.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thread gone completely off topic, thus closing ensues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement