Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King Kong

• 25-06-2005 12:23pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭

According to http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml

UK Channel 4 to air Kong Special on Sunday 26th June, 3.35pm.

However it will probably mostly focus on Peter Jackson, rather than Kong, though it is 35 mins ish.Apparently a teaser is due shortly, being rolled out with War of the Worlds. A few promos click

Looking good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The trailer was discussed a bit here . hopefully the show will have a bit of footage and not just all the boring Peter Jackson business.

Ah feck, just after realising i'm probably going to miss the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

According to http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml

UK Channel 4 to air Kong Special on Sunday 26th June, 3.35pm.

However it will probably mostly focus on Peter Jackson, rather than Kong, though it is 35 mins ish.Apparently a teaser is due shortly, being rolled out with War of the Worlds. A few promos click

Looking good.

The teaser is two and a half minutes long and its getting it woldwide premiere Monday on 9 US TV networks, all at the same time, never been done before. Official website it also launching that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Here is a teaser trailer for the teaser trailer:

http://media.themoviebox.net/movies/KingKong/000tvkingtease.mov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Full trailer now available: http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef239524432ba87f1ca8f70eed4b1fa7/en_splash.html

Looks pretty damn good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Wow. Can't wait for it. Trailer looks very good.
    I was surprised when Jack Black was cast, but he seems to fit the character in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I have my doubts about Jack Black, but the trailer is looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Why do you have your doubts about Jack Black? He's not directing the film or anything, hes just an actor and has happened to be used in some comical roles. If you have doubts about Jack Black not taking the role seriously and falling over cameras and walking into walls etc., then you'd have to blame Peter Jackson and not Jack Black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

People had their doubts about Jim Carrey starring in a serious film, and look what happened there. I think Jack Black suits the part, judging by the trailer (which is pretty nifty overall).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think the CGI looks fairly dodgy...then again I hate CGI monsters in general. It is impossible to make a scary CGI monster.

Tusky wrote:
    It is impossible to make a scary CGI monster.

I dunno, Jar Jar still scares the living daylights out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

koneko wrote:
    I dunno, Jar Jar still scares the living daylights out of me.

Jar Jar gave me cancer.

The artwork in the trailer is brilliant. If they can do that with the sacrafice scene, I wonder what way the scene where they have Kong chained up will look like.

The CGI is a bit iffy with the dinosaurs, it will probably look better in the film and if you see them for more then a few frames. However, I think Kong looks amazing, completely real. What did they use for that really tight shot of his face? That couldnt of been CGI. And New York looks great too.

Also I think you can see the guy from Early Edition in the trailer, which is great. I'd of prefered to see him in the trailer for Superman though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Tusky wrote:
    I think the CGI looks fairly dodgy...then again I hate CGI monsters in general. It is impossible to make a scary CGI monster.

They are not finished shots, these scenes were rendered last week just for this teaser trailer. There will be a lot of changes by the time December rolls around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

just seen it on Channel 4. It was strange seeing Peter Jackson skinny :eek:

Skull Island looks great. The CG will no doubt improve. Cant wait now till December :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Random Boy

Download the trailer here, either just click the link to watch it or right click save target as to save it to your desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Nice trailer, although I think they may have shown a bit too much of Kong. Considering this is a teaser they should probably have given us just a glimpse, but its all good.
    The CG is nice, not up to Weta standards yet, but that's to be expected considering the film isn't out for another 6 months. Kong's character design is fantastic, he looks old and battle hardened and I also love the way Jackson seems to have kept the atmosphere and feel of the original.
    Jack Black is perfect casting as Denham.

I thought they showed to much too, but lets face it, its not like they were going to be able to hide his apperance untill the day the film came out. Its better we see Kong for the first time as hes meant to be seen instead of some leaked photo on AICN.

And speaking of AICN, they have two high res shots of Kong and the T-Rex. If you think the CG isnt up to scratch yet, you should take a look at them.
    T-Rex
    Kong

I think Weta will shine more in the costume/props department then they will with CGI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say, I'm well impressed by those pic's. Kong looks fantastic

He does, but the real test for CG is the animation.

Anyone seen the poster yet? I saw it some site that I cant remember that had nothing to do with movies. It was a shilouette of Kong on the Empire State building, but I havent seen it on any film sites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I saw the trailer for this in the cinema the other day.I gotta say it looks pretty damn cool. Kong looks fantastic already and he will no doubt look better come december. I have never been a big fan of CGI but he really does look great.

I think Jack Black is definitely the right man for the role. He is a very good actor who has just happened to star in comic roles so far. I think he will be very good.

I cant wait to see this movie. Role on December!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

After seeing the trailer before "Batman Begins", I can't wait until I see the new King Kong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I downloaded the trailer last week and then I saw it again on the big screen at the beginning of War of the Worlds yesterday. The small screen really doesn't do it justice. It looked alot more impressive in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

saw the c4 doc yesterday, Pj actually looked like he was ill rather than having gone on a diet, he was still wearing his old clothes and looked deathly thin????

loved the bit in the trailer where the yerman shouts scream scream for your life and she goes eeeeeeeeeeeeeckkkkk and then its ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR
    class

http://www.fotopress.co.nz/mediums/images/2005/27_March/FPS114398PETER_JACKSON.jpg

Hooolyyyy shiiiaaaat
    That's Peter Jackson now. He says he went on a healthy diet, starting eating fruits and yoghurts, and lost 70 pounds.

Advertisement