Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolution launch march 2006

Options
  • 25-06-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

revad.jpg

Tv ad in Japan.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

advertising 9 months ahead of a console launch :eek:
    why don't ninty ever treat us like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Good God I am going to be broke in 2006. So many things like this to buy.

"Think outside the box". hmmm I wonder is there any secret behind this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

grimloch wrote:
    Good God I am going to be broke in 2006. So many things like this to buy.

"Think outside the box". hmmm I wonder is there any secret behind this
    Or just being incredibly cheeky:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its not as if anyone in japan knows what an xbox is (zing!)

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    its not as if anyone in japan knows what an xbox is (zing!)
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement

thank you thank you i'm here all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

tman wrote:
    advertising 9 months ahead of a console launch :eek:
    why don't ninty ever treat us like that

Don't worry, there'll be an ad in christmas '06, 9 months before they launch it in europe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

astrofool wrote:
    Don't worry, there'll be an ad in christmas '06, 9 months before they launch it in europe

Even with that sarcasm laced comment it's probably still a little optimistic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

God damn it Nintendo, show us already!! I hate this, I'm such a sucker for this kind of marketing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Why is it in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

cregser wrote:
    Why is it in English?
    Lots of the DS ads I've seen from Japan have some English in them strangely enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

English the language of ads over there, look at a ny pic of tokyo and its full of english words.

Dunno why :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Because they lost the war!

/me runs away

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

bizmark wrote:
    Because they lost the war!

/me runs away
    Good point. Sure if the English lost all those centuries ago we'd be talking French.... or Irish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

English and western influence is seen as being cool in Japan at the moment. However the japanese public still haven't grasped which explains why they like to wear clothes with 'violence jack off' on them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Not Japan, but when in China recently there were Haagen-Dazs, and Pizza Hut, outlets. Nothing strange with that, but the two of them over there are styled as fancies restaurants, both with reasonably long queues to get seated… it’s no wonder some people in the far east have a fantasy view of the west.

and we dont have a fantasy view of the east...

i mean of course every japanese woman under 30 wear school uniforms and when they are over 30 they are sexual mistresses

and of course if they dishonour you (note: forget to put milk in fridge) they will stab themselves with pointy things and try and dig out their intestines.

then of course china are the good communists who wear those funny saucer hats and all know kung fu and the west are allowed buy cheap stuff from while those stinkin cubans can rot.

(this post is not to be taken seriously...i have not slept in 15 hours... and too many scorsesee films make one very sarcastic)

Mmmm, cosplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

monument wrote:
    Not Japan, but when in China recently there were Haagen-Dazs, and Pizza Hut, outlets. Nothing strange with that, but the two of them over there are styled as fancies restaurants, both with reasonably long queues to get seated… it’s no wonder some people in the far east have a fantasy view of the west.

Im in China at the moment just picked up 10 PS2 games for 70 yuan which is about 7 Euro, got batman begins on dvd too but it was in french and the english subtitles were from another film i think good fellas, MGS3 was in japanese I think I like it more that way! dont know why anyone would eat at pizza hut here when chinese food is so tasty and cheap

btw CS and World of warcraft is huge here, they sell wow at the news stands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    and we dont have a fantasy view of the east...

Of course some of us do – I just said ‘no wonder some people in the far east’ have such views about the west, that’s all. A number of things could also explain our views about different parts of the east - from some people’s misconceptions of Chinese food to some people’s idea that the whole of China still looks like China town in the US and other countries. Needless to say, I had no such misconceptions before I went there (might sound cocky, but it’s just been honest).
    Gizzard wrote:
    Im in China at the moment just picked up 10 PS2 games for 70 yuan which is about 7 Euro, got batman begins on dvd too but it was in french and the english subtitles were from another film i think good fellas,

DVDs are 5-7 RMB (50-70 cent) on the street, it's crazy.

To try to combat piracy Warner have been releasing DVDs for the equivalent of a few US dollars in the same day US cinemas, when it looks like others (inc the games industry) unrealistically do nothing. While just before film festivals or high-profile visits the authorities will brush the streets sellers off away and the shops will hide there pirate stuff, it’s completely unrealistic to think that people will pay high prices when piracy is so wide spread and acceptable.
    Gizzard wrote:
    dont know why anyone would eat at pizza hut here when chinese food is so tasty and cheap

Real Chinese food is quite nice so much so I miss it. That’s not to say Westernised Chinese food isn’t nice.
    Gizzard wrote:
    …and World of warcraft is huge here, they sell wow at the news stands

Gamesindustry.biz has covered this quite a bit. Unlike most games WOW and other MMORPG games can secure a good return for the developer/publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are they bootleg games, or are legit games that cheap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Are they bootleg games, or are legit games that cheap?

I dont know its hard to know here, but the sold them in a store, a huge electronics store, look real to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

monument wrote:
    DVDs are 5-7 RMB (50-70 cent) on the street, it's crazy.
    surely they cost more to make then that :eek:
    but there suppost to be huge piracy aswell as in they actaully sell pirate copies in proper shops and almost look real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

They are most likely (pirate) pressed silvers from hong kong, as most games distributors dont even have a distribution deal in China.

Advertisement