Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My U2 Croke Park photos (up close!) - post yours here!

• 25-06-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my pics back.
    Quality rubbish due to disposable camera and drizzle, but hey...
    I only wish I brought my digital camera :(
    Enjoy!

Post your own pics here... I've they're any better quality, I'm sure they're brill!

just put up a few more... expect lots up Tues of Mondays gig!

I've put them all up here http://www.flickr.com/photos/77572387@N00/sets/500836/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

you were up really close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

good pics.think ill have to pick up a disposable camera for it too.im prob gonna be too far away from the stage to get any good ones though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

besty wrote:
    good pics.think ill have to pick up a disposable camera for it too.im prob gonna be too far away from the stage to get any good ones though
    cheers.
    Even if you're far away, the stage/lighting and all those people will still make for great pics!
    Take them early enough though... the ones I took once it got dark didnt really come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I see alot of digital cameras in those pics... :) how you get them in without being caught? :) wouldnt mind bringing a camera but dont want to get it taken off me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I see alot of digital cameras in those pics... :) how you get them in without being caught? :) wouldnt mind bringing a camera but dont want to get it taken off me! :)
    I dont think they're strict in that regard - especially given that some phones have just as good capabilities as digital cameras.
    If you turn up with it, they're not really going to take it..... anyone have a bad experience?
    I even saw someone with a camcorder at the Coldplay gig on Wednesday in Marley.
    I'm giving my digital camera to a mate whos going on Monday. They better be allowed in with it!
    My bag got checked twice yesterday.
    Once by a garda who just had a quick look and asked if I had any alcohol.
    The next was inside the stadium... only a quick looks here again.
    It should be fine. Lots and lots of cameras were about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Some great pics there! The Bono one with the flags on the screen should win a Politzer! :D Nice work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

CRAP CAMERA PHONE

u28yb.jpg
    u220si.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have a few small videos of the concert if someone good host them. I recorded them on me digital camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

if you are an eircom customer, you can host video clips on their server.
    just follow the instructions here: http://autoreg.eircom.net/

if not, let me know and i'll host them for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Folks

Did anyone have a Minidisc with them for either gig ? Any possibility of a Torrent feed for the gigs ? Was at Saturday night and would love that night, if anyone has it.

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

excellent pictures,thanks for the input.u were really close up :D

jolly wrote:
    Folks

Did anyone have a Minidisc with them for either gig ? Any possibility of a Torrent feed for the gigs ? Was at Saturday night and would love that night, if anyone has it.

TIA
    Give it a week and call into the dodgy bootleg shops in town and you will pick one up. Anyone know if they are recording any of the gigs for broadcast or a DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I think they recored last nigts show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

There were cameras everywhere at Saturdays gig. I couldn't pick out any the previous night. If Saturdays concert comes out on DVD I'll be first in line to buy it. It was an unreal experience, twice as good as Fridays show(which I also enjoyed immensely). Everyone in the pit was just gob smacked at the end of it asking each other was it just them or was it really THAT GOOD! Everyone agreed it was OUT OF THIS ****ING WORLD!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

They recorded Saturday night's show.

Just remember last time they didn't release Slane they released Boston soon after...Then Slane about 2 years later for Christmas. Cleverly done I must admit (have both!). :D

Some pics attached. :)

How do I upload photos not as attachments. Only allowed 5 as attachments and I want to put on about 15 more.

amazing one of adam clayton - couldnt be any closer. hope i get good photos tomorrow.

More pics from Saturday.

I got one of the drumsticks used by Larry Mullen in the middle pic. The cameraman in the last photo recorded loads of footage of us, so if it comes out on DVD we're very hopeful we could be in it..now that would just top it all off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

excellent pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Some great pics there Nunu!

my camera broke halfway through - aghhhhhhhh. still hope i got a few good pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Here's a few of my offerings from Monday night...

few more last night...

last five...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Here's a link to my Photos from Mondays gig

antifyre wrote:

Here's a link to my Photos from Mondays gig
    Some very nice pictures there man! Could be tempted to buy a few. I took my photos on my mobile so they arent great.

Advertisement