Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who'll be back in August?

Options
  • 25-06-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

well my "i dont give a shít" attitude bit me in the hole yesterday......

english 56.8%
    history 37%

THREE FúCKING PER CENT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i am majorly píssed off. i knew i fúcked it up but thought there would be a possibility of scraping it. according to the website i now have to pay €193 to repeat one poxy exam!

</rant>

so anyway........who will be joining me in Blackrock in August?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

well my "i dont give a shít" attitude bit me in the hole yesterday......

english 56.8%
    history 37%

THREE FúCKING PER CENT!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i am majorly píssed off. i knew i fúcked it up but thought there would be a possibility of scraping it. according to the website i now have to pay €193 to repeat one poxy exam!

</rant>

so anyway........who will be joining me in Blackrock in August?

Ouch! 3%? Stinger! :eek:

Well passing English is a great achievement so well done!

193 quid to repeat? You cannot be serious! Is this a piss take? For only one exam 193? They can fcuk off with that the money grabbing cnuts. Is this just a 2nd year thing or is it the same for everyone?

Well see ya in August! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Thank the divine person I don't believe in for free education... 193 quid? At least Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Jeez if you're gonna fail, it's better to do so by a large margin.

Failed Politics in first yr by 13%, and I failed by a wopping 22% this time around. :cool:
    Next year I'm aiming to fail by 40%... :rolleyes:

Caerysfort is nice, I like doing exams there. (obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

*sniffle*
    Have told my parents that i passed.
    Said that i'm considering taking the exams again to do better so that i'll have a better chance at a Hdip next year.
    Good holy cheebus why do i get myself into these messes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

*sniffle*
    Have told my parents that i passed.
    Said that i'm considering taking the exams again to do better so that i'll have a better chance at a Hdip next year.
    Good holy cheebus why do i get myself into these messes!?

Two questions...

1) Weren't you in 1st year Arts?

2) I thought it's 2nd and 3rd year when we have to worry about honours and all that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Am/was in 2nd yr., repeating.

Am just a dullard!

& my teachers had so much hope for me!

Am/was in 2nd yr., repeating.

Am just a dullard!

& my teachers had so much hope for me!

Is there a major difference between a pass degree and an honours degree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Pass Arts degrees are ten-a-penny, 2:2's are pretty common, 2:1 and you're doing well, a 1:1 and the world's yer oyster.

In Arts, first year marks don't count for jack ****. The quality of your degree is based on EITHER 30% of your second year marks combined with 70% of your third year marks, OR 100% of your third year marks. They'll give you whichever works out better. Put it this way, you'll never get an overall degree mark that is worse than the result you get in your finals in third year.

Hence why I have dossed my way through first and second year and plan to actually do a bit of work for finals. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

anyone know how they work out your degree for science is 30% of 3rd yr and 70% of 4th yr or 100th 4th yr or wa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

either, whichever gives you the best mark :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'll be back. Missed out on compensation in 2 subjects by 4%, as a result I have to repeat 1 in August to get my degree, and leave. no chance of honours here, yet people who failed 5 and more have been let by! ARG! :mad:

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I'll be back. Missed out on compensation in 2 subjects by 4%, as a result I have to repeat 1 in August to get my degree, and leave. no chance of honours here, yet people who failed 5 and more have been let by! ARG! :mad:

Don't give up! Remember, one day you could be like this guy:

http://www.ucd.ie/news/june05/sir-bobbig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Yep,am gonna be back in August failed by eight and thirteen percent in the ones I did fail. Ah well,the repeats are still a fair whack off and I am studying (I feel dirty!) so without getting my own hopes up it should be all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Failed 1st Accounting - 33%.
    Hurray - Repeats

Advertisement