Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trols

Options
  • 10-04-2001 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

i was wondering, and i know it would be a bit of work, would it be possible to set up a auto deletion thingy on he trolls boards so ppl dont get there post counds. Like smoke me a kipper has bout 300 posts all spam,, while ppl who actually post info whos post counts are low are called a fast newbie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

just ignore post counts.

Rather then delete trolls (I don't like deleting unless nessary or if I'm in a bad mood or it's a day with a y in it) instead give everyone who has a large post count there 1 star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Who REALLY gives a fark how many stars etc u have???

You should have wee beer symbols instead of stars :)

_ _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _
    <A HREF="http://homepage.eircom.net/~cullenm&quot; TARGET=_blank>
    sig.jpg
    </A>
    http://run.to/pile

I don't care either, and neither do you Mr 5 stars :P

but people who spam trolls do so make it not nice to spam. Like make thier username pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

tbh, about 100 of my posts were in trolls. and that was just a time i was going a bit mad and decided to spam the trolls.

i'm on the boards all day during college, so my post count goes up by about 20-25 a day.

i don't particularly care about post counts tbh.

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

as FB says, who cares about post counts? Jesus.

and tbh FHB, spamming, bull****ting etc is what the trolls board is there for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

yep post counts are meaningless, in fact there are a number of moderating type people who have post counts of less than 100.

You should care more about how long you've been a member and how many people you help other than that p1ss on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

PHB
    Freak

[IAR]Nevermind
    Freak

Im the only one who write axtual decent none spam stuff , only used 688 posts since november 99 , yet PHB has a little more then me and joined 10 months after . u spammer PHB , shame !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I'll go one better still under 330 posts since April 99 Hey I'm two years on teh boards smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

bet this ...
    <=== here since?? they started and the post count? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kayos:
    I'll go one better still under 330 posts since April 99 Hey I'm two years on teh boards smile.gif</font>

<---

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Two can play at that game LordKhan / Lord Khan :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Hmm.. Yeah who cared about post count? Anyway, don't their contributions in Trolls count as something?

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Anyway of finding out when I registered?
    Just something thats been bugging me, since I have seem all these posts with people who have registered in the last 6 months or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I clearly own you ffs.

Yeah sure White wink.gif
    I registered that long ago, I had to email for my password over a year ago! Still called a fast newbie 8Þ

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud-Warrior:
    Two can play at that game LordKhan / Lord Khan :-)</font>

Make that 3, now I know why I dont know when I registered, here turn off that newbie status thang for me like good lads wink.gif
    With bonus stars etc wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Leverz (edited 16-04-2001).]

You sir suck.

Cheers bud wink.gif

Your welcome.
    Back to trolls, if all you people say you dont care about post counts, why the big ruckus about trolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I hate to say this but it is true, since the trolls board has shown up, the spam started to overflow into other boards. Ive had to close/move and delete more topics since its arrivial than I have in the 6 months prior to them...

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Indeed - kids on trolls seem to start thinking that that kind of behaviour is acceptable elsewhere on the system :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

you only need to look at this thread to see evidence of that.
    or For Sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Never mind the Humanities board, which is going downhill rapidly despite a very promising start. Not sure we can blame the Trolls board for that one mind, there's just some bloody idiots who have got personal bones to pick and are determined to do it in public, it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I think we should take the name of everybody who has a post on trolls board ... and form a team to hunt them down ... and well I'm sure you can guess the rest smile.gif

anybody up for it smile.gif

consider it cleaning the gene pool smile.gif

there are so many newbies spamming the boards now. i havn't even seen Richindub2 spamming in the last few weeks smile.gif

even my brother (Da_Comrade_Mike) spammed the cs boards. i told him if he wants to spam and post ****, do it on the trolls board, but he just doesn't get it. i mean whats with some people??

is there anyway to restrict certain users (my brother for example) to post once a day?? or have more moderators on some of the boards. i believe UBB supports 4 moderators.

more moderators wont stop the spamming, but at least most people wont see it if it's moved to trolls quickly eneough.

- Ciaran

Grandpa Joe!! I found the fifth golden ticket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    there are so many newbies spamming the boards now. i havn't even seen Richindub2 spamming in the last few weeks smile.gif

</font>

sorry i just laughed my ass off when i seen this...ur registered since feb 2001 and u hav 487 posts LOL spammer! tongue.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 17-04-2001).]

hehehe. but i'm not stupid eneough to spam outside the trolls, like vega etc...

or maybe i'm stupid to spam in the first place. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

- Ciaran

Grandpa Joe!! I found the fifth golden ticket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

LOL the irony - This post is now spam, just look at WhiteLancer's contributions.

J'ai dormi sous l'eau.

Lucy la morte.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    Never mind the Humanities board, which is going downhill rapidly despite a very promising start. </font>

Still does, I wouldn't count Castor Troy out. He is even more stalinised when it comes to moderating then Monty or myself is. smile.gif

• Advertisement

wannnn Castor Troy smile.gif

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

Advertisement