Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A challenge for you - Shelton Benjamin

• 25-06-2005 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Well Shelton Benjamin has lost his Intercontinental Title at long last. I'm sure most of us here would agree that Benjamin is a fantastic wrestler and a star for the future but the question is, what should the WWE do with him next?

Let's say you're a WWE writer and Vince asks you to give Shelton a gimmick/storyline. What do you do?

Personally, I'd turn him heel and put him in Evolution. That way he can work on his mic skills. The storyline he would have writes itself - "It's all about the Benjamins" etc.

What would you guys do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Well, Kurt Angle just went to RAW. A program between those two would almost write itself in terms of storylines, and imagine the matches they could have! That could also be the feud to finally elevate Shelton to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wacker wrote:
    Well, Kurt Angle just went to RAW. A program between those two would almost write itself in terms of storylines, and imagine the matches they could have! That could also be the feud to finally elevate Shelton to the top.

Actually I read an interview with Kurt Angle on IGN.com and he mentioned that he feels the WWE want him and Shelton to have a feud at some point. Those two could have great matches alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I was already beaten to it. I was going to reiterate that Angle and Shelton would have an excellent feud. Maybe if the La Resistance team split up he could feud with one of them to elevate them into singles. Possibly Robert Conway as he shows more in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

associating him with evolution would just give HHH the chance to ruin him, so he wouldn't out shine HHH. fued with angle is the only why to go....

they could pull the old who's the better olympic style wrestler, pro wrestler and all out fighter...

best of three series, springs to mind.

i'm sure they could pull off an Iron Man match to remember as well. both top class athletes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ I dont know about that. Batista and Orton both became WHC after leaving Evolotion (I know Orton was still a member, but only for another 24hrs), so it could be very beneficial from that point of view.

Personally I would leave Shelton in the mid card area for a while yet. There is absolutely no rush to get him to the main event. Hopefully he will feud about, maybe with Angle, then go back and take the IC belt from Carlito.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

thats a good point but how long have they had HHH hanging onto them. its gonna hurt batista in the end coz HHH is only gonna book more title matches for himself.

i dont think HHH would job to shelton, HHH has never been one to lose to smaller guys

This is gonna hit hard. Shelton got two wins over on Triple H upon his debut on the Raw brand in two successive weeks. So it seems Hunter is willing to put some guys over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hunter has always put people over, as brow above said, he totally put Benjamin over last year.
    its gonna hurt batista in the end coz HHH is only gonna book more title matches for himself.

Nope, HHH said the feud will be over and the HIAC no matter what happens. One of them is off to SmackDown.
    how long have they had HHH hanging onto them

Some would say he nurtured them, maybe not enough, certainly not Orton, as when he was 'cut loose', he was a disaster. Say what you want, but HHH is one of the best, and if you are under his wing, you can only learn from him.

Look at how green both were before Evolotion. Sure Flair helped big time, but HHH helped alot also. Remeber, before Evoltion, Ortons only feud was with Hardcore Holly, and Batista was a Deacon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I reckon HHH might do the smart thing and step back from the title for a while, Batista can feed off lesser heels for a while, while HHH can feud with a few others, although I'm sure he'll be gunning for the title by wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

If HHH goes to Smackdown! he will just book himself in matches for the Smackdown! title.

He will also whinge at the fact that he is not part of the elimination match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

If i was a wwe writer i would stick benjamin in some sort of team with angle either face or heel and half them take the titles of the superfreeks and hold them for awhile.
    Then when they lose them they each blame each other and have a feud for awhile let that die down and then the two would meet agian when a world title is involved.
    thats what i would do anyway with angle or have the two fight every week till it gets stale cause thats what seems to be the style now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Kio, that sounds like a very good idea; teaming them up for a while. Can anyone tell e, is Shelton heel or face right now? I don't really follow it much anymore. I'm assuming he's a face as he feuded with Carlito. Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I watched Vengence last night and I could hear plenty of the crown booing Benjamin. I'm sticking with my skin colour theory from an earlier thread. If he's pushed now, he's going to fail. I can see him staying at a kind of Chris Jericho level for a while now, i.e. bottom of the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

wacker you are right but still very hard to tell cause they barely use him the odd high-flying spots but nothing desent in storylines way.

Well some sites are saying theyre going to shake up the lower cards over the weekend with many changes occuring. Maybe they had Benjamin drop the belt so he could float over to Smackdown? He'd stand a great chance of getting a main event push with the talent over there as opposed to Cena, Angle, Hunter, Show et all there now.

Advertisement